What's new

AT&T Selling Refurbished iPhone 5 From $99

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Joined
Jun 18, 2010
Messages
4,891
Reaction score
1,049
8258-iphone-5-first-official-photo.JPG

Cult of Mac reports that AT&T has already started discounting refurbished iPhone 5 handsets, selling them online only for just $99 for the 16GB version, $199 for the 32GB version, and $299 for the 64GB model. In order to get the offer you have to take out a minimum 24-month contract. The offer was initially seen by a user on Reddit. As Cult of Mac notes, it’s not clear whether or not this deal is purely for Black Friday, or if it is in fact longer term than that. They assume that it is permanent, as there is no mention of Black Friday on AT&T’s site, but you never know, it could be only for one day only, so better get a move on if you think this sounds like an offer that you would like to take advantage of. Not everyone likes to buy a refurb of such a new phone, but if you don’t have such qualms, this could be a good deal!

Source: AT&T Now Offering Refurbished iPhone 5 From Just $99 [Deals] | Cult of Mac
 

hookbill

Active Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2012
Messages
755
Reaction score
44
Location
N. E. Ohio
Wow, if Verizon does this I'll get rid of my insurance. Deductible for insurance is 149.00 anyway and that's a refurb. Might as well just buy the refurb.
 

abcdforums

New Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
$99 is cheap. Beautiful one.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Oct 4, 2011
Messages
14,693
Reaction score
6,721
abcd...please refrain from posting external links,thank you.
 

copdocpvd

Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2011
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
ATT's website showed iPhone 4 and 3gs for $.01 with NEW 24-month obligation (both out of stock), had nothing with 4s or 5--either they sold out or it was a mis-read.
 

Thomasjtsi

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2011
Messages
7,523
Reaction score
451
Location
Missouri, USA
copdocpvd said:
ATT's website showed iPhone 4 and 3gs for $.01 with NEW 24-month obligation (both out of stock), had nothing with 4s or 5--either they sold out or it was a mis-read.

Same here... don't see any trace of a refurbished iP5 for $99. :-(
 

Rogue

New Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2012
Messages
23
Reaction score
4
Thomasjtsi said:
Same here... don't see any trace of a refurbished iP5 for $99. :-(

They were up it was a black friday only deal
 

tlbaker

Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2011
Messages
327
Reaction score
15
hookbill said:
Wow, if Verizon does this I'll get rid of my insurance. Deductible for insurance is 149.00 anyway and that's a refurb. Might as well just buy the refurb.

I never purchase the insurance for,phones especially VZWs. It's a ripoff.

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using iPF.net
 

IphoneMommy

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2012
Messages
1,352
Reaction score
246
Location
Cleveland, Ohio
That's why I got apple care. I calculated over two year the cost of VZW insurance vs apple care and it was MORE than apple care. Is that $99 only good for a new upgrade/renewal right? I'm sure if you needed a replacement because yours pooped out it would cost full price?

Edit: I meant could you renew at that 24 month anytime or just at the end of the 24mo?
 

tlbaker

Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2011
Messages
327
Reaction score
15
IphoneMommy said:
That's why I got apple care. I calculated over two year the cost of VZW insurance vs apple care and it was MORE than apple care. Is that $99 only good for a new upgrade/renewal right? I'm sure if you needed a replacement because yours pooped out it would cost full price?

Edit: I meant could you renew at that 24 month anytime or just at the end of the 24mo?

I like AppleCare better!!
 

Most reactions

Top