What's new

AT&T iPhone 4 16gb Help

seajm

Reaction score
Hey Guys, new to the forum and to iPhones. I purchased a used AT&T iPhone 4 16gb from Swappa to replace the one my girlfriend had(still have a year before upgrade) anyway I later found out that the phone was a developers phone with IOS 7 beta installed and was told that it could be reverted back to 6 if she didn't like it. Problem is I can't even activate the phone with out some kind of developer code.........no idea what that is or means. HELP... How can I get these codes? Better yet, how can I get the phone back to the IOS 6 with out it being activated? Is there a way? I can't get this guy to respond to my emails or IMs on XDA. Any help or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean

Hey Guys, new to the forum and to iPhones. I purchased a used AT&T iPhone 4 16gb from Swappa to replace the one my girlfriend had(still have a year before upgrade) anyway I later found out that the phone was a developers phone with IOS 7 beta installed and was told that it could be reverted back to 6 if she didn't like it. Problem is I can't even activate the phone with out some kind of developer code.........no idea what that is or means. HELP... How can I get these codes? Better yet, how can I get the phone back to the IOS 6 with out it being activated? Is there a way? I can't get this guy to respond to my emails or IMs on XDA. Any help or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean

I'm afraid that without the Apple ID and password that was used to upgrade to the iOS 7 beta on the phone, there's nothing you can do to get the phone working. There's the very real chance that this phone was running an illegal version of iOS 7 downloaded by someone who was not an iOS Developer.
When upgrading to iOS 7, the last step is to input your iOS Developer ID and password before the phone can be activated. A legitimate developer would have this information, which leads me to believe someone unauthorized was trying to install iOS 7 and got stuck at the last step because he didn't have a developer ID and password.
When Apple discovers devices like this, they block them from access to Apple servers, making the phone useless. Unfortunately, it looks like you've been ripped of by someone out to make a quick buck. You may want to consider contacting the police about this.

BTW, it would be a violation of Apple's terms of service to sell an iPhone running iOS 7 to a non-iOS Developer.

Last edited: