What's new

AT&T Full Retail Price $200 Cheaper After Nov. 8th...?

scrogg

Reaction score
So in my search to see what the full retail prices were I came across an article on forbes titled "The Real Cost of an iPhone 5" (The Real Cost Of An iPhone 5 - Forbes). In the first paragraph they link you to AT&T's website (http://cdn.gottabemobile.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/iPhone-5-off-contract-prices-575x464.jpg) [even though AT&T isn't in the address they say it is according to AT&T] for pricing. This chart show the phones $200 dollars cheaper after November 8th. Anybody know anything about the price drop? Why then? Holiday promotion?

(*edit)
something about a "subsidy"?

Last edited:
Yeah, and that's without an upgrade. I never pay over $399 for an iPhone.



that's someone's upgrade detail
Right, makes sense now.

that's someone's upgrade detail
I would've thought the same thing. Up until now. Either pay full retail (or close to it) for the iP5 and keep my plan the way it is, or use an upgrade inturn losing my unlimited data and spending $100 more a month on a comparable family share plan (Verizon BTW). At that rate, I could amost pay for 3 64gb iP5's over the 2 year contract term.

(*edit)
3 at full retail

Last edited:
Okay, so after that November date I can buy an iPhone 5 for $299, not the $600+ price for full retail? I don't want to lose my unlimited data plan, either.

Can you all be a little bit less cryptic? I really am not following what you are saying. So if you have an AT&T phone and you ARE due for an upgrade, you will loose your unlimited plan? Or you are not due for an upgrade, pay the $349.00 and do or do not loose unlimited plan?

Or or you saying you are just walking into an At&t store asking to pay the full retail, which may or may not be cheaper after Nov 8th and have them put your existing chip in the iPhone5 and everything on your contract stays the same? And is there or is there not a fee from At&t to switch the chips between your old phone and the new?

The November 8th date listed in thread title is only relative to the specific person's "upgrade at a discount" eligibility. I thought there was something special about that date but it just for that one specific person who was looking at thier account and created the pic that was linked to in the original post.

I do know for sure that if you purchase the iP5 at full retail and activate on your line there is no change to your current plan. And I thought that I seen that if you currently have an unlimited plan with AT&T that you would be able to upgrade (assuming you have an upgrade available) and keep that unlimited data plan. Don't quote me on that though.