What's new

assistive touch

johnzor

Reaction score
hello guys,

New iphone user and wanted some oppinion on assistive touch. All of my family members that has an iPhone adviced me to use it. Although they arent really a hardcore user, they told me that I should use it to prevent the home button from breaking.

Does anyone here use it? Or do u guys prefer the actual home button? Thanks in advance!

I don't use Assistive Touch on my iDevices. I've owned four iPads and an iPhone so far. Only one of these had a problem with it's Home button, which was an issue with the software and not the hardware. It's working without problems now, btw. My daughter uses it without Assistive Touch.

hello guys,

New iphone user and wanted some oppinion on assistive touch. All of my family members that has an iPhone adviced me to use it. Although they arent really a hardcore user, they told me that I should use it to prevent the home button from breaking.

Does anyone here use it? Or do u guys prefer the actual home button? Thanks in advance!

I'm using it because i had problems with my 4.
However they improved the hardware on a iPhone 6, apparantly there is a metallic plate under the home button which pushes the button back up when you press it.
I know I read about it a couple of months back.
You can feel it also when you press it. Well i can lol.
Anyway i'm using the assistive touch more for my wake up button because it looks fragile lol.

Iv never had a problem with the home button breaking on any of my iPhone's. I think Apple would make it more durable because of the amount of times it would need to be pressed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on my 4th idevice, 3 phones and an iPad 2. Never had an issue with a home button yet.

When Assistive Touch was introduced I played around with it, but soon reverted to the hardware method.

Ah alright.. Thank you all for the replies! Much appreciated!! :):)

using assistive touch requires more time than using the actual physical home button (eg : to show multitasking app). I also never have any iDevice with broken home button up until now. Would love though if there is a native feature on iOS for iPhone like the one tweak on cydia (I forgot the name since the last time I jailbroken my iDevices was over 2 years ago) that can set actions based on gesture (just like the 5 fingers gesture on iPad)

using assistive touch requires more time than using the actual physical home button (eg : to show multitasking app). I also never have any iDevice with broken home button up until now. Would love though if there is a native feature on iOS for iPhone like the one tweak on cydia (I forgot the name since the last time I jailbroken my iDevices was over 2 years ago) that can set actions based on gesture (just like the 5 fingers gesture on iPad)

Yeah it is the same with my parents.. like they got their iphone 6 plus when it was released and since then they haven't used assistive touch. But as for my family in the Philippines, they tend to use it a lot.. ^^