What's new

Are the geveys from ebay reliable?

riv3r

Reaction score
Are the geveys from ebay reliable? The price is less than half of the original price and sellers are all top-rated. Need advice from someone who has actually bought from ebay. Dont tell me all the 'up to you if you want to take a risk' stuff xD

I would neve trust ebay for such things, also make sure you have a baseband that is unlockable.

Noob here
I just bought an iPhone 4. I would like to unlock it without jailbreaking this time so I can do the regular updates. Is gevey the way to go?

Noob here
I just bought an iPhone 4. I would like to unlock it without jailbreaking this time so I can do the regular updates. Is gevey the way to go?

Gevey is only compatible with certain basebands, unfortunately if you are on 5.x firmware there is currently no way to unlock your device.

Not even if I jailbreak it?
Gevey is only compatible with certain basebands, unfortunately if you are on 5.x firmware there is currently no way to unlock your device.

life is better with root.

Man that sucks. I just bought a iPhone 4 on eBay to upgrade my wife's 3gs. I had no idea that certain basebands couldn't be unlocked. When I got my wife's 3gs it was on a 4. Baseband and during thebjailbreak process I allowed me to change to an ipad baseband. Wow things have changed. It looks like she will be changing to android soon.
It's not compatible at all, doesn't matter if you're jailbroken or not, the baseband is not compatible.

Last edited:
What bb r u using? Like they said use a reliable source. The one they posted is the one I used. AT&T 4s unlocked withe gevey and jail broken. Everything works great!!

What bb r u using? Like they said use a reliable source. The one they posted is the one I used. AT&T 4s unlocked withe gevey and jail broken. Everything works great!!
As Jmills stated in an earlier post... "95% of Geveys sold on eBay are knock-offs..." You, however, got lucky and wound up w/ one that falls in that 5%. We just cannot condone a 5% success rate for our users here at iPF. Pay the extra $$ and get a genuine product from a trusted supplier... like ApplenBerry.com. Also mentioned in an ealier post. :)