What's new

Are all 6plus iphones the same?

tibadoe

Reaction score
Time for me to step up from the 4s. So in the near future I will be purchasing a 6 plus. Currently have Verizon and my contract will be coming to a close in a few months. Will be purchasing the phone outright. Don't know if I will be staying with Verizon or maybe trying other prepay or post-pay providers.

Anyway, I was told that if I purchase the 6 plus I should get it straight from Apple. The advantage is that the phone is truly universal and can be used on ANY carrier. Is this true? Thanks for the help.

It depends on what country you live in. I live in Canada and all iPhones purchased directly from Apple through their online store are most definitely unlocked. You could contact Apple and ask if They sell unlocked iPhones in the U.S..

The Verizon phones are factory unlocked. Can be used on ATT. The ATT phones are NOT factory unloked.

I'm in the UK and all iPhones from Apple are unlocked.

Ok. Thanks for the replies. I was reading a bit more on the Apple site and it states exactly what you guys have said: "The unlocked iPhone includes all the features of iPhone but without a wireless contract commitment or a carrier installment plan. You can activate and use the unlocked iPhone on the supported wireless network of your choice, such as AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, or Sprint in the United States."

This answers my question.

Glad we could help.
When you get your new iPhone come back and let us know what you think to it.

After talking with Apple I will be going with the A1524 since it's unlocked and works on both GSM & CDMA. That will keep the door open for me to switch back & forth between networks if needed.

Ive been with AT&T for several years and wont be switching soon so I bought my 6+ from them directly. I never had a CDMA service so I didnt bother with it.

I never used cDma isn't that basically Verizon? Who else is cdma?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time for me to step up from the 4s. So in the near future I will be purchasing a 6 plus. Currently have Verizon and my contract will be coming to a close in a few months. Will be purchasing the phone outright. Don't know if I will be staying with Verizon or maybe trying other prepay or post-pay providers.

Anyway, I was told that if I purchase the 6 plus I should get it straight from Apple. The advantage is that the phone is truly universal and can be used on ANY carrier. Is this true? Thanks for the help.

If you are a Verizon customer and your iPhone 6 plus then it is already unlocked. I purchased and 2 years contracted with Verizon and it is already unlocked. :)