What's new

APSDaemon.exe - System Error popup on home screen

jack66

Reaction score
Hello, My first Apple iPhone after 20 years of Android phones.

I'm a professional photographer for the WA Forest Service and freelance. Cell phone is a tool to compliment my work.

I installed iTunes64Setup.exe from Apple website so I could add/remove photos on my iPhone 8 Plus and now get this message on my screen every time I turn on my Lenovo laptop running Windows 8.1:

X APSDaemon.exe - System Error
api-ms-win-ct-runtime-11-1-0.dll is missing from your computer.
Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Twice I removed the program through Control Panel/Programs & Features rebooted and reinstalled.
Popup still returned after I removed the program??? and when I reinstalled.

I then went in regedit and removed anything related to iTunes and the popup went away.

Tried for fourth time to install iTunes64Setup.exe SAME PROBLEM!

What gives? What do I need to do. I'm regretting buying my very first apple phone after using Android phones all these years (20). Android is simple, plug USB in laptop, go to folder where my photos are on laptop and phone, add or remove photos... done/simple!

Sorry if I sound irritated, because I am. Thanks in advance for your help.

Easier way to add remove photos is to use iTunes and set a photo directory up to put photos for importing to your iPhone. To get them off just copy them to your laptop using whatever file manager you use and copy them to a directory of your choice (not the one for importing to the phone) and you can delete them from the iPhone