What's new

Apps from jailbroken device

DavorSt

Reaction score
I am getting my new iPhone 5 these days. Before that I had an iPhone 4 that went lost some 9 months ago. It was jailbroken and on my acoount in iTunes I have plenty of jailbroken apps. Will they be automatically restored to the new device even before a possible jailbreak?

Here's the top 10 apps on Jailbroken iPhone. I dont know if you'll like this. It's up to you. hihihi
  1. Auxo
  2. Multiflow
  3. clockify
  4. UnlockFX
  5. Octopus keyboard
  6. AdBlocker
  7. Activator
  8. Springtomize
  9. Intelliscreen
  10. BiteSMS

I am getting my new iPhone 5 these days. Before that I had an iPhone 4 that went lost some 9 months ago. It was jailbroken and on my acoount in iTunes I have plenty of jailbroken apps. Will they be automatically restored to the new device even before a possible jailbreak?

Define "jailbroken apps" from iTunes. How did you get them

Define "jailbroken apps" from iTunes. How did you get them

All purchased apps, including those "purchased" through Cydia are in my Apps section on iTunes. Is there any chance they will work when I sync my new device with my account?
Hope this was more clear
Thanx for answering

Cydia tweaks/apps are not backed up when backing up your device to iTunes. You'll need utilities such as xBackup, PKGBackup, etc, to backup your Cydia tweaks and/or your app/tweak data, as well as sources. After a restore or if you're moving it over to a new device, download the same utility again from Cydia, restore the backed up archive, then restore the archive using the same utility you used to back it up with. Note that only free tweaks are backed up with these utilities. For paid tweaks, simply sign in with your Cydia log-in (Facebook, Amazon, etc), and there will be a list of all tweaks that you've paid for all compiled into a list, and you can re-install them without having to pay again.

More important question: how it stands with jailbreaking now? I had no problems with ios 5, is it a bigger problem now with new versions? I guess this has been discussed extensively, I apologize for asking this, but there is so much on the forum, I cannot find easily what I need

Well iOS in my eyes is a pretty flawless iOS in itself. The bugs and such are heavily patched up and worked on in both the stock iOS and the jailbreaking perspective, making it a top candidate for jailbreaking. But of course, you have tweaks that work only for iOS 5 or only iOS 6 and such, but there are alternatives to these tweaks in Cydia, which means compatibility isn't that big of a deal or that big of an issue.

In terms of jailbreaking availability, all iOS 5 versions are jailbreakable, just in terms of which device and iOS combination, but the biggest player for iOS 5 is iOS 5.1.1. 9 out of 10 if not 99 out of 100 iOS 5 stock/jailbroken user is on iOS 5.1.1 if you take a survey. But in terms of iOS 6, we have a bit of a limited option, considering that most devices purchased today comes with the latest iOS 6.1.3 or 6.1.4 depending on device, which is an iOS that cannot be jailbroken as of yet, and most likely won't ever be jailbroken, which is the primary reason that most users are skeptical about purchasing a brand new iOS device unless it's one of a high capacity in terms of storage. In terms of the stock iOS in itself, there's not that big of a change for iOS 6 compared to iOS 5 aside from Passbook and Social Media integration such as Facebook and Twitter directly into the iOS itself, as well as DND (Do Not Disturb) and a few other features like Siri enhancements and such.

Just remember to keep in mind that if you're planning on buying an iPhone 5, there is a chance that the device cannot be jailbroken until iOS 7 comes out, but from running iOS 7 beta 1, quite a bit of the community will opt for a stock iOS 7 considering that many of the jailbroken "essentials" are already incorporated and more will probably be incorporated as well in the upcoming beta patches possibly.

I have my iPhone 5 from yesterday. What I miss in this not-jailbroken world are tweaks.