Editor in Chief
- Jul 27, 2011
- Reaction score
The new iPhone 5 hit the streets today. Of course, world-wide it was available a bit before other places due to time-zone differences. Still, it's pretty much morning everywhere in the United States now, so we thought it would be useful for you guys to have a list of all the places you can grab your new iPhone 5 if you reside in the US. Here's a breakdown:
- Apple Stores are probably your first and easiest choice to grab a new iPhone 5, although that is a double-edged sword. Everyone else will be there too, so even though you are likely to find one there, expect to fight through massive crowds and wait in long lines.
- Best Buy seems to be a pretty good choice as well. They will typically have a good inventory of the new device, so your chances are good to grab one. Lately Best Buy hasn't been doing so hot, so depending on your neck of the woods, the crowds for the phone might be much smaller than at the Apple Store.
- The Carriers (Verizon, Sprint & AT&T) are obviously another choice when it comes to grabbing your new iPhone 5, but they will likely be just as crowded as the Apple stores. Of course, that depends on the size of your city. It's possible that if you live in a large city, there will be far more carrier locations that you can travel around to, so you might be able to avoid lines and crowds.
- Radio Shack could be a decent option. Like Best Buy, they aren't typically very busy anymore. Unfortunately they will likely carry only a small stock, so you might want to call ahead first.
- Walmart and Target could be your last ditch effort to find one. It could be hit or miss as inventory levels will likely vary from store to store, so call these guys ahead first, just like Radio Shack.