What's new

Apple will sell more smartphones than Nokia this year

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iphone-vs-nokian8.jpg

Apple launched the first iPhone model in 2007 in a world where Nokia was one of the strongest and most popular brands. Four years later, Apple is expected to outsell Nokia in terms of global smartphone sales. Nokia has ranked first in the smartphone sales top for nearly ten years, but Apple and Samsung could outrun the Finnish company in the near future. The two companies have increased their smartphone production capabilities during the last ten years and could soon sell more smartphones than Nokia thanks to the iPhone 4 and the Galaxy S series
Nobody knows which of the two companies will steal Nokia’s first place, but one thing is sure: if Apple had launched the fifth-generation iPhone in June, it would have definitely become the leader of the smartphone market. Unfortunately Apple did not even introduce its iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy S II is very popular around the globe, thefore Apple could rank second behind Samsung, yet still ahead of Nokia.

Nokia’s smartphone market share has been dropping ever since the first iPhone model was launched. This marked the moment when the popularity of the Finnish company plummeted in North America. The iPhone has currently spreaded its tentacles on the European smartphone market as well, thus defeating Nokia in its home territory. Despite losing its grip on the high-end handset market, Nokia feel somehow reassured that is still the top selling company in the low-cost phone segment.

Taking into account the current market trend, it appears that Nokia will soon lose its leader place.

By Radu Tyrsina

Nokia lets you install anything you want and send files over bluetooth and you can customise much more such as selecting any mp3 and using it as a ringtone/sms tone but there is a maze of options and the camera is usually rubbish, claims to be 5mp some of them and is worse then iphone 3g 2mp one. the apps you download from the "ovi store" are useless and you cant even keep the backlight on for as long as you want, so your playing a game and it turns off :mad: you have to download an app that will keep the back light on when you have an app open..

firmware is release depending on what country you are from what COLOUR phone you have, so you might have one nokia unlocked white and black but the white will get the firmware update first so you have to change the code which nokia dont officially allow in order to get it, languages that are in the settings are different from each country you buy it, i think that was bad because it should have the same set no matter where you buy it from..

all the reasons why i moved back to nokia after the 3gs thinking nokias are much better became useless and bad reasons, i broke my n97 two weeks after having it, just threw it out the window of my car after snapping off the keyboard lol

Apple could rank second behind Samsung, yet still ahead of Nokia.

U joking is it ? Samsung first?

Don't be too fast to laugh. The Samsung Galaxy S2 is looking like the first contender to really be able to put up a fight against the iPhone. Initial specs and performance are looking very good. If any phone were to top it, this would probably be the one.

Do I think it will do it? Not sure. Think it will be very close, but also going to depend on how many carriers get the Galaxy S2. That will be one of the biggest factors.

And I don't know why most of those competitors always try to copy apple. If I'm not mistaken, isn't apple which came up with the sensor to lock the device when in phone call? Isn't apple which came up with the screen rotation features? Etc... iPhone sell best so far anyway.