What's new

Apple Watch and apps

Has it been said how many apps can fit on the watch?
It would depend on how large each app is and how many you can add, within the storage limits. There is no pre-set limit on the number of apps that can be installed on the Apple Watch.

Thank you for responding, I ordered the 38mm SS with Milanese loop. My main reason for ordering the watch is to replace my Fitbit and notification features, & not to mention I'm a watch nut lol. I intend to use it to the fullest but I just hadn't seen any mention of the amount of space.

Apple hasn't yet revealed how much of the 8GB of total storage is reserved for apps. As of now, no third party apps can run natively on the Apple Watch, they're actually installed on the iPhone and displayed on the watch. This does save on storage space but means they can't work if you're not paired with an iPhone. The apps Apple provides can be installed on the watch itself and many can offer most of their functionality when no iPhone connection is present. There is 2GB of storage reserved for personal data, such as music and 75MB is available for storing photos.

Ok thanks so much for this info. I have an iPhone 6

Anyone know how accurate the heart sensor is on the watch?
I'm getting between 60-65bpm when i'm resting and i allways heard that mostly athletic ppl get that heart rate...?

Last edited:
It's not as accurate as the heart rate monitor a doctor can use but it's still quite accurate.
A low resting heart rate is normally the sign of a healthy efficient heart. Low resting heart rates are more common among athletes but are not restricted to them.

Anyone in the UK with the apple watch? I want to test mine but don't know anyone that has one yet.