What's new

Apple Sued by Man for Allegedly Deleting His iPhone Pictures

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple Store Regent Street.JPG

BGR writes that according to a report in UK tabloid The Sun, a man is suing Apple for $7,500 after an Apple Genius at the company’s flagship store in Regent Street, London, accidentally erased all data on the man’s iPhone.

Derec White claims that the Apple employee is responsible for him losing many personal photos and videos that had been stored on the phone, including some snaps from his honeymoon, and, in particular, a “favourite video of a giant tortoise biting my hand on honeymoon in the Seychelles.”

White, who said “my life was on that phone” also lost 15 years worth of contacts. White says that the loss of the memories came about when an Apple Genius performed a factory reset on his phone when he took it in after getting messages on his phone indicating that it was faulty.

I know what you’re all thinking here. Backup! With the iPhone and iPad backup process being so easy and seamless, it seems strange that White had not backed up such precious mementos, and surely Apple will argue that.

White says that the Apple Genius only asked him if he had backed up his data after performing the factory reset.

Apple has denied White’s claims, saying that he has “not demonstrated how he suffered any loss,” and will be seeing him in court.

Source: Man sues Apple after retail employee deletes years worth of photos

I'm thinking I smell a rat, No one has any way of knowing what was on that phone now, If "his life" was on there and the content so precious it would be backed up in several places.