What's new

Apple Sends Out Oct. 23rd Press Invite: 'We've got a little more to show you.'

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
apple-invit-large.png

It doesn't get much more official than straight from the horses mouth, and that's what we have here. The folks at Cupertino sent out a press invite to an event they will hold on October 23rd. The event will be held in San Jose, California, and no concrete details were shared, just a vague and cryptic, "We've got a little more to show you." Of course Apple are masters of teasing, so this comes as no surprise.

Most of the industry intel suggests that we will likely see the official announcement of the iPad mini, but other "rumint" also indicates we may see a mini Mac and a new Macbook Pro. Of course, regardless of what else is announced, all eyes will be on the new svelt and sexy iPad mini. Color us excited!

Source: Apple sends out invites to Oct. 23 event - Yahoo! Finance

I hope they announce the iPad Mini, I want one so bad!

I thought the Apple Mini was just a rumor, but I guess it's actually being released!

I think the iPad mini will be the perfect size for thumb typing and for carrying around. The new iPad is beautiful but the form factor is a little big for some of us.

It's funny because the members at iPadforums feel differently. Some feel that the "mini iPad" will not be popular and that's why they have their iPhones. I have the iPad and will be getting the iPhone soon. Also have the iPod touch and feel that the mini would be great for travel.

I would definitely purchase an iPad mini as well. Wonder what kind of goodies Apple would stuff in it? :)
I assumed it would be an exact replica of the iPad 2 save for the size. Perhaps that assumption was incorrect?