What's new

Apple Sends Out Invites for September 12 iPhone Event, Confirms iPhone 5 Name

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
8140-iphone-5-invitation.JPG

Finally we have confirmation from Apple that the next iPhone is on the way! Well, almost, anyway. Jim Dalrymple at The Loop reports today that Apple has sent out the invitations for its special event in San Francisco on September 12. According to his invite, the event will be held at Apple’s usual spot for big launches, the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco, and will start at 10:00 am. At first, it seems that the invitation does not give much away, simply bearing the words “It’s almost here,” with the Apple logo in the top right-hand corner. But if you look closely, the number 12 casts a big shadow on the invitation, and the shadow is not that of the number 12, but of the number… 5!!! Sneaky Apple! Great news to finally get the official word, now we can all start getting really excited!

Source: Apple announces special event for September 12

yay,so does the 5 mean the next iphone is going to be called iphone5 and not the new iPhone?

not long now to find out but I am going to pre order it the second its available to do so 64GB white, from that photo it does look like apple will go with the name iphone 5

not long now to find out but I am going to pre order it the second its available to do so 64GB white, from that photo it does look like apple will go with the name iphone 5
yes,it does look like thats a little tease for us,nice one Apple,i too am going to order as soon as its possible,white for me too.

The maximum amount Apple produces, which I assume will be 64GB.
I'll get the black iPhone of course. The black paint is sexy. ;) lmao!
my 4s is black so I'm having a change......wish they would do a red one,i would definitely go for that.

my 4s is black so I'm having a change......wish they would do a red one,i would definitely go for that.

I'm surprised they haven't went multi-color on their iPhones. The iPods were multi colored. Maybe this will be something they decide to do in the future?

Hi guys--when pre-ordering, are you paying the retail price? I was planning on buying it from Verizon for my discount--assuming I will get one.

Hi guys--when pre-ordering, are you paying the retail price? I was planning on buying it from Verizon for my discount--assuming I will get one.

I'll just use my new every two from verizon. I'll be forced to lose my unlimited data more than likely, but I don't use enough data on the go to justify paying full price. Now if the phone was factory unlocked I would in a heartbeat!

Darkstar2007 said:
I'll just use my new every two from verizon. I'll be forced to lose my unlimited data more than likely, but I don't use enough data on the go to justify paying full price. Now if the phone was factory unlocked I would in a heartbeat!

That's all I have been reading about. I also am grandfathered in the unlimited data plan--and read to maintain that plan you have to buy retail cost. I hardly even reach 2 gb on my phone/month myself.