What's new

Apple Said to Have Placed 15 million iPhone 5 Orders for September

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]
Pegatron_logo.JPG

9to5 Mac reports today on the latest news from Digitimes out of Taiwan, which says that Taiwanese Apple manufacturer Pegatron has just received an order for 15 million iPhone 5s from Apple, with the firm apparently taking on new labour so that it will be able to fulfil the huge order. Pegatron is the company that built the CDMA iPhone 4, according to 9to5 Mac. As is usually the case with Apple product manufacturers, Pegatron declined to comment on the Digitimes story. Digitimes also reiterates recent talk that the new phone will be shipping in September, and that it will NOT be a substantial upgrade by any means. Digitimes even goes as far as to refer to the next iPhone as the “iPhone 5s (iPhone 4S)”, which doesn’t exactly help to clarify current speculation surrounding just exactly what the next iPhone will be called. They’re covering all bases, it seems, just to be sure! [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Source: [/FONT]http://9to5mac.com/2011/07/04/asian...one-5-orders-for-september-launch/#more-81549

i dont blame them! the iphone 4 was sold out so quickly and was hard to get hold of and people where waiting weeks to get hold of one. they must be making huge changes and expecting a turn over the same or larger then the ip4

If the new iPhone doesn't have many upgrades from the current model I don't see a huge jump of the market moving towards the new release.

I could be wrong, but why switch the the new release? Just because it's new?

I'm still a Android user for the time being so I'm going to hold out to see what's what. I think I want a iPhone but the new 4g phones intrigue me as well. Decisions...decisions!!!

Cya

If the new iPhone doesn't have many upgrades from the current model I don't see a huge jump of the market moving towards the new release.

I could be wrong, but why switch the the new release? Just because it's new?

I'm still a Android user for the time being so I'm going to hold out to see what's what. I think I want a iPhone but the new 4g phones intrigue me as well. Decisions...decisions!!!

Cya

it might be worth it but if its not then im still very happy with the ip4