What's new

Apple Said to be Developing iWatch

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
64-albums3-picture105.jpg

According to a story in The Daily Mail, Apple is rumoured to be working on developing a “smart watch”, complete with a tiny touchscreen! The original report comes from Chinese site Tech. 163, which writes that the smart iWatch was originally developed by Intel, who is now working with Apple to bring it to the market. Apparently the watch has a 1.5-inch OLED display with indium tin oxide-(ITO)-coated glass, and is said to communicate with your iPhone via Bluetooth. The article goes on to say that it is thought that the iWatch will run iOS. The Daily Mail says that the iWatch could be Apple’s attempt to compete with Google’s Google Glass headset, which is due to launch some time in 2013. It is not known how credible the source website in China for this story is thought to be, but it’s an interesting thought all the same, even if not true!

[FONT=&quot]Source: [/FONT]iWatch: Apple rumoured to developing touchscreen wristphone | Mail Online

Aww. I was hoping it would be something like the BatWatch where you could track your iPhone and make it zoom to you at the click of a button :p Interested to see where this goes. It'll probably be like the iPod Nano 5th Gen with the wrist strap thingy.

A holographic watch would be awesome, I think a screen would also be useful, no buttons except for that home button and that retina touchscreen screen... I think it should include the Music app for when you're having your morning jog and haven't brought your phone and could sync with iTunes to play your purchased music, maybe Safari would be good aswell for doing some quick research or the kiosk to read your morning paper.... Good work Apple!

Many Thanks,
Assasinaterz

Hahahhaha really? I watch? It's probs gonna have the screen size like the previous generation iPod nano :D

So this is why they changed from the previous, square, iPod nano to the rectangular model? Otherwise the iWatch might have been a competitor to the previous nano.

True...... I thought the previous iPod nano was nice as it was square and a touch screen. Now they made it rectangular :((