What's new

Apple’s iOS 7.1 Update Causing More than Just Battery Issues for Some Users

iPhone News

Reaction score
Here’s a follow-up article to one we posted on Saturday. It appears that Apple might not have worked out all the kinks in their newest iOS 7.1 update before releasing it. A number of issues are being reported by iPhone users across the web, including reduced battery life, poor Bluetooth connectivity and *random reboots. Here […]

Read more...

The print on those comments is too tiny to read on a phone. It can't be zoomed. But I've seen other sites with the complaints.

I feel lucky indeed, have had no problems as indicated. Over the weekend I got a total time on of 1day 9+ hrs with almost 5 hours of use, and still had over 20% left in it...guess I'll just knock wood and hope it continues

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

After turning Reduce White Point off, my battery seemed to get back to normal. I can't believe that one feature made that much difference. There had to be something else too. Maybe I was using the phone more than usual.

I'm noticing dead spots on my screen since updating. It's like either the screen freezes, which has NEVER EVER happened on any of my iPhones since gen 1. I'm also noticing this on my iPad Air as well after update. Also battery like if horrible now. Including on my iPad Air. Anyone else notice the dead spots!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One other issue..I'm noticing that when phone is locked I lose wifi connection. In fact I also now have trouble connecting to LTE as well. All this after 7.1 update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After turning Reduce White Point off, my battery seemed to get back to normal. I can't believe that one feature made that much difference. There had to be something else too. Maybe I was using the phone more than usual.

Where is this setting located

I feel lucky indeed, have had no problems as indicated. Over the weekend I got a total time on of 1day 9+ hrs with almost 5 hours of use, and still had over 20% left in it...guess I'll just knock wood and hope it continues

My 5s NO problem. Even my reduce motion and location services ON and battery drain is normal. Siri is off and LTE is off. So my spotlight search. I'm at about 11% per hour now and very happy. My wife's 5 a lot heavier on battery drain. But that's from the beginning. Looks like something is done to 5s that battery drain is just less than 5. And 7.1 NO effect. I'm now at 55% left with 4 hours usage. My iPad air is AMAZING!!!! 3% per hour. As I don't use it that much, the previous charge was usage 1day before I recharged. It was nearly one week of total standby time. My wife used it for Facebook during the day, and at night I play on the net. We do have wifi in office and at home.... Most of the features I'm not using are switched off ion ipad

Last edited: