What's new

Apple Responds To Antenna Problem On iPhone 4

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
15-jobsemail-400x254.jpg

The guys over at Engadget contacted Apple over the reception issue when you hold the bottom left side of the iPhone 4. Apple response was:

Gripping any mobile phone will result in some attenuation of its antenna performance, with certain places being worse than others depending on the placement of the antennas. This is a fact of life for every wireless phone. If you ever experience this on your iPhone 4, avoid gripping it in the lower left corner in a way that covers both sides of the black strip in the metal band, or simply use one of many available cases.

So there you have it; change the way you hold your iPhone 4 or buy Apple's(or any other) iPhone 4 case, Bumpers. I, personally, don't seem to be having any reception problems, but I've heard putting a case on it fixes the problem.

Source:Engadget

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I realize Steve Jobs is a busy man (understatement) - but to be honest these "couple word" replies he sends to people, especially with this type of information in them is really getting on my nerves.

If you can't give a good response, don't respond.

If you are going to belittle legitimate complaints, let someone else respond with at least a hint of care.

This is a design flaw... and yah, it may not be the end of the world but touting this awesome antenna design you should have figured out a better solution then just "don't hold it that way"

Just my 2c.

Gregoris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's just annoying, but when making calls I never hold it like that to block the antenna so it's ok not really a prob

crazyrabbit

Reaction score
yes i agree with you this is a design flaw,
now some twitter users are experiencing problems with the iPhone 4' s signal, alot of them have experinced a signal failure.
to myself I am very impressed with iphone4 so far. well may be time would supply the lack, understanding Apple's Magical iPhone4 and get iphone4 free resouces and tips, this column I run into is not bad: Aneesoft.com Tutorials and Tips

EjM

Reaction score
buy a bumper and end the problem. The phone is still inexpensive for all it gives you... the only other solution get an evo and not have antennae problems, just carry around a battery backup source..

Gregoris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
bumpers used to be free with the iphone, but i dont see how one would help, i still have two from my iphones in 2007

nunya

Reaction score
I've tried to short out the antenna, cell signal stays the same. The wifi only drops one bar.

Most reactions