What's new

Apple releases new iPhone Pricing, iPhone 3GS-Free, iPhone 4-$99, iPhone 4S-$199

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
iphone-4s-release-pricing.png

Along with the iPhone 4S announcement, Apple has rolled out an entirely new price structure that is sure to have a huge impact on sales. The iPhone 3GS lives on and now will be offer for free with new a carrier contract. The current model iPhone 4 8GB model will drop to $99 on contract. The iPhone 4S 16GB will launch at $199, the iPhone 32GB at $299, and the iPhone 4S 64GB model for $399 under contract.

Not fair to Verizon customers at all. Since we have no CDMA 3GS, we have no option for a free w/2yr contract device. Of course, knowing Verizon, they won't even have the 8GB model; the 16GB model will probably be their low-end and they'll want $199 for it.

The current model iPhone 4 8GB model will drop to $99 on contract.

Actually, there is no current model iPhone 4 8GB, it must be a new part number. The current model iPhone 4 is 16GB or 32GB.

Not fair to Verizon customers at all. Since we have no CDMA 3GS, we have no option for a free w/2yr contract device. Of course, knowing Verizon, they won't even have the 8GB model; the 16GB model will probably be their low-end and they'll want $199 for it.

Apple regulates the prices... Not Verizon.

Sent from The Droid... The one you were looking for...

iDan said:
Along with the iPhone 4S announcement, Apple has rolled out an entirely new price structure that is sure to have a huge impact on sales. The iPhone 3GS lives on and now will be offer for free with new a carrier contract. The current model iPhone 4 8GB model will drop to $99 on contract. The iPhone 4S 16GB will launch at $199, the iPhone 32GB at $299, and the iPhone 4S 64GB model for $399 under contract.

This states the current model will drop tk $99 "on contract" .. Does this mean for people with the 4 already cannot purchase a new 4 without having a upgrade of somekind?.. My screen I cracked and considering fixing but if it will be just 99, should I just wait til the 14th?

frankie1404 said:
This states the current model will drop tk $99 "on contract" .. Does this mean for people with the 4 already cannot purchase a new 4 without having a upgrade of somekind?.. My screen I cracked and considering fixing but if it will be just 99, should I just wait til the 14th?

Your still going to have to pay the full price or if you have eligible upgrade you can get it for that price.

What about if I wana get te 4s and don't have a upgrade but just want tk extend my plan 2 more yrs , could that work out?

frankie1404 said:
What about if I wana get te 4s and don't have a upgrade but just want tk extend my plan 2 more yrs , could that work out?

As far as I know you can only buy the phone at full price. you can also add a line and get the phone at the lower price range.

Oo ok that sounds like something to look into , il check that out tm thanks!

In the UK it costs £499 £599 and £699 with no contract, also being released on the 14th October

ericyo said:
i'll just wait until the Iphone 5 comes out, i'm fine with the 4, for now :)

I agree, I'll wait, nit bothered about the hardware, the iPhone 4 is fast enough for me :)

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

iPhone 4 will do me fine.. Even better with the new ios5 coming!! Bit of a rip off I think!