What's new

Apple releases 7.1

DayoDee

Reaction score
Hey peoples just got a text saying 7.1 tell me if you downloaded it and let me know if there any problem you are experiencing

Went smoothly and no problems so far, Will be interesting to see if this resolves the problem of crashing on iPad.

Same here I am downloading myself as well

Went smooth on both iPhone 5s anD iPad Air.

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

All went smooth on 5s and iPad mini but the incoming calls puts the photo into a small circle now!! Why? The full screen photo was nice! And shouldn't there be an option??????? Apple

And shouldn't there be an option??????? Apple

They fix the bad things and über fix the good things. :/

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happen to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

All went smooth on 5s and iPad mini but the incoming calls puts the photo into a small circle now!! Why? The full screen photo was nice! And shouldn't there be an option??????? Apple

I agree 100% .
My eyes are not what they used to be and I could see who was calling without having to put on my glasses. It should for the very least be an option in assistivity .

 has fixed issues for people who had motion sickness ,so why not leave something useful for people who are not spring chickens anymore .

I don't get why they messed with the phone app either. I liked it the way it was. How, exactly, did they improve it?

I don't know why they did this either but I contacted Apple Support chat to see if there was a way to fix this. The rep didn't realize his was also this way now. I subsequently got called by Apple Support and suggested that a toggle be added to accessability for those of us with eye issues. She said she would write it up and get it passed to Engineering so maybe down the road we can get full screen pictures again.

I'm glad that issue bothers other people besides me!!! I do understand they don't add all the extra nonsense because of memory issues but the full screen incoming photo really looked good!!

I don't know why they did this either but I contacted Apple Support chat to see if there was a way to fix this. The rep didn't realize his was also this way now. I subsequently got called by Apple Support and suggested that a toggle be added to accessability for those of us with eye issues. She said she would write it up and get it passed to Engineering so maybe down the road we can get full screen pictures again.
That toggle sounds like the best thing I've ever heard... I think they can introduce it to more than just one thing... as with the perspective zoom that's working very nice. The contrast for example... if you reduce it, the bottom icons do have BLACK writing beneath and the bar a little bit more greyish. I love the white writing that's the same as the other icons on the scree. On notes, if you type there and backspace to correct a word, the words appear very greyish and difficult to read. They can reduce contrast just regarding the typing and reading of notifications etc? That would be great to have a toggle for that.