What's new

Apple Quietly Releases iPhone 6S Smart Battery Case

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
smart-battery-case-white.jpg
Although the iPhone battery holds strong in recent models, more juice is never a bad thing. Battery cases have been out on the market for the iPhone since the first generation, however none of these case have come directly from Apple.

On Tuesday, Apple quietly released its first-ever iPhone 6S battery case. The case is similar to the company's previous silicone case line, with the addition of a hump in the rear to hold the battery pack. Apple notes the iPhone 6S Smart Battery Case adds up to 18 hours of LTE usage and 20 hours of video playback.

iPhone 6S Plus owners will be disappointed to hear that the case is only available for the smaller iPhone 6S. The case can be purchased directly from Apple for $99 and is available in charcoal grey and white.

Reviews don't seem overly good:

I love it :). It's more comfortable, thinner, and has more grip compare to my subway sized mophie.

I'm not putting mophie down, I used them for multiple generations of Apple phones.

This case just kinda stomps on mophie, at least on a comfort level.

All subjective of course , ymmv :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I think it's an ugly case. I'd rather Apple forgot about trying to go slimmer with each iPhone model and just put a bigger battery inside the iPhone in the first place. That would be the 'smart' thing to do.... IMO of course!