What's new

Apple Music Free Trial Stops on Wednesday; If You Don't Cancel You Will be Charged

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
apple-music-logo.jpg

This article is meant as a friendly heads up. The Apple Music free trial period is expiring for early adopters on September 30th. That means on Wednesday of this week, if you haven't canceled the service, Apple will start charging you $9.99 per month. Furthermore, Apple Music defaults to an "auto-renewal" setting, which means you will definitely need to turn off the auto-renewal if you want the service to stop.

We know that not everyone was thrilled with Apple Music and the changes it made to the way folks enjoyed iTunes before. If any of our users do not want to be charged for the continuation of the service, then you will need to do the following:
  1. Open the Music app on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, and then touch the Profile button on the top-left corner of the screen, and Tap “View Apple ID”
  2. You will see the Subscriptions header, where you will need to tap “Manage," and then tap “Apple Music Membership” (assuming you signed up for multiple subscriptions)
  3. In the Renewal Options spot, move the Automatic Renewal switch from “ON” to “OFF”
  4. After that simply tap "Done" in the upper right and you are done.
To be clear, this warning date is for anyone who signed up on the first day of illegibility, so it's possible you have a bit longer if you signed up later.

Thanks for the heads up and posting the step by step walkthrough. That really made it easy!

What if I never signed up for free trial
I'm going to check just in case
I prefer Amazon music
It's of my music is there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk