What's new

Apple Hiring Engineers With Knowledge of Verizon Technology

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
verizon-logo.jpg

Forbes reports today about several job adverts posted by Apple looking for engineers who have experience working with the wireless technology used by Verizon, which would seem to be yet another indicator that Verizon will soon be getting the iPhone.

Currently, of course, the iPhone is only available on AT&T, which uses the Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) protocol. Verizon, however, uses another standard, Code-Division Multiple Access (CDMA). Therefore in order to have the iPhone run on Verizon, Apple needs to have engineers who can work with CDMA, and that’s exactly what the adverts are calling for. Currently, Forbes notes, Apple’s iPhone engineering job adverts feature 10 postings for engineers with knowledge of CDMA.

Even more interestingly, the ads also say, “experience with different carrier networks and infrastructure is a plus.”

Of course it could all be a massive coincidence, but such adverts do make it seem increasingly likely that Verizon will be getting the iPhone.

Source: Forbes Apple Hiring iPhone Engineers Who Can Work With Verizon’s Network - Brian Caulfield - Shiny Objects - Forbes

i wanna see how this works if they will put the ability to use gms and the verizons network or just have the verizon network in the usa iphones and gms outside

Sorry for posting this here but I am unable to start a new thread at this time.

Fraudulent iTunes Activity, Purchases Blamed on Chinese iOS Game

Several reports have surfaced that multiple iOS gamers who downloaded a free Chinese-language role playing game called 帝國 Online (the English version of the app is still in beta) have experienced fraudulent activity in their iTunes account - specifically, unauthorized in-app purchases. According to a report from Apple Insider, Apple is now investigating the matter.
Despite relatively decent user ratings, one gamer posted the following: "BEWARE. It will tap your iTunes account $ wise down to nothing. I had $50 in my account and this app on it's own took $49.00 from my account." Apple has reportedly refunded the alleged fraudulent in-app purchases claimed by some users. At this time, however, it isn't clear if the app truly bilked its players out of a decent chunk of change or if the players "didn't understand" they were making real purchases and not simply playing along with the purchase elements of the game.

While similar incidents have been reported infrequently, Apple only began seeing this variety of problem once it changed its original policy only allowing in-app purchases for paid applications. Now, developers can serve up free apps that sell in-game elements for a fee. As a result, some complaints - possibly including those outlined above - may be the result of gamer confusion. Consequently, gamers concerned with the prospect of being tricked into making real purchases have the option to disable in-app Purchases for their iOS device.

Sorry for posting this here but I am unable to start a new thread at this time.

Fraudulent iTunes Activity, Purchases Blamed on Chinese iOS Game

Several reports have surfaced that multiple iOS gamers who downloaded a free Chinese-language role playing game called 帝國 Online (the English version of the app is still in beta) have experienced fraudulent activity in their iTunes account - specifically, unauthorized in-app purchases. According to a report from Apple Insider, Apple is now investigating the matter.
Despite relatively decent user ratings, one gamer posted the following: "BEWARE. It will tap your iTunes account $ wise down to nothing. I had $50 in my account and this app on it's own took $49.00 from my account." Apple has reportedly refunded the alleged fraudulent in-app purchases claimed by some users. At this time, however, it isn't clear if the app truly bilked its players out of a decent chunk of change or if the players "didn't understand" they were making real purchases and not simply playing along with the purchase elements of the game.

While similar incidents have been reported infrequently, Apple only began seeing this variety of problem once it changed its original policy only allowing in-app purchases for paid applications. Now, developers can serve up free apps that sell in-game elements for a fee. As a result, some complaints - possibly including those outlined above - may be the result of gamer confusion. Consequently, gamers concerned with the prospect of being tricked into making real purchases have the option to disable in-app Purchases for their iOS device.

It is alamrming that people can be tricked into making in-app purchases. That reminds me of the smurfs village game. I was reading the reviews and some lady was complaining of here 5 year old playing that FREE game and racking up $50+ of in app purchases on her itunes account. Just have to be vigilant. And not let your gaurd down.