What's new

Apple Bids To Build Vast “Spaceship” Campus in Cupertino

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtuz5OmOh_M&feature=player_detailpage]YouTube - Steve Jobs Presents to the Cupertino City Council (6/7/11)[/ame]​

Market Watch reports that Apple CEO Steve Jobs appeared in front of the Cupertino City Council at a council meeting on Tuesday to present his proposal for a new Apple Campus in Cupertino. Jobs’ whole presentation was captured on video, which we have for you at the top of the post. Although it’s a long video, it’s actually well worth watching. I love how right at the very beginning you can hear the excited gasps when the chairman announces Steve Jobs is actually there and about to talk to them! Aside from that though, it’s great just to hear Jobs talking about his childhood in the area, as well as his vision for this extraordinary campus, which will be big enough to accommodate 12,000 people, and which Jobs describes as being like “a spaceship landing.” The building is all curved, which Jobs says is very difficult to do, but Apple has used its experience building and planning its retail stores to plan the huge edifice. “It’s pretty cool,” says Jobs, with typical understatement, before going on to answer questions about the proposed building. Fascinating stuff.

Source: Apple planning massive spaceship campus

They need it, there is just no more room where they are at. Steve and company are really good friends with my old CEO for an ad agency I worked for from '97 to 2001. Steve and Mark G. would stop by and as the IT guy I supported Steve and crew when they came by.

We had 4 buildings and one had Digex data center in it. They were the original Apple buildings before and right after the main campus on Infinite Loop. The ad agency is long gone since 2001 Apple is now bursting at the seems and is now back in those original buildings.

The space they are going to use is going to be really nice, and plenty of room, it will be a showpiece for Silicon Valley and Cupertino. I hope they let people into the Apricot orchards. LOL

Last edited: