What's new

Apple Adds Stereo Speakers To The iPhone 7

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
iPhone-7-stereo-speakers-1024x458.jpg
Let's face it, having to carry around an adapter for use with headphone on the iPhone 7 is going to be a hassle. It will probably on par with finding a charger at a friends house when Apple made the switch to Lightning with the iPhone 5.

Due to the fact the headphone jack was removed, Apple added a second speaker on the top of the iPhone 7. The new speaker will work alongside the bottom speaker, outputting the best stereo experience in landscape mode.

I guess removing the headphone jack wasn't a huge loss... what do you think?

The iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus will be available for pre-order on September 9, with shipping beginning September 16.

The 3.5mm socket is fine, in it's place. When you have a huge amount of front panel real estate to play with, you don't even need to limit yourself to that. You can go the whole ¼" hog, and why not? The tech is 100 years old and is well supported.

However, as Apple made clear, it's time to move on. The size of the 3.5mm socket, particularly when one considers how limited the thing actually is, means it really is time the thing went. Sure, it has been convenient, but so were a lot more things that have come and gone. Even Apple's laptops double up the 3.5mm socket with a digital i/o port. In electronic terms, the thing is huge and creates major problems when attempting a sleek design.

Future phones will probably get rid of all wired i/o ports. Charging can already be done wirelessly. So can data transfer of all kinds. I'm prepared to bet the Lightning port will not last as long as the 3.5mm port did.

Noticed something there, Charging can already be done wirelessly? Which iPhone has that system now l'm interested.
Air Pods not so important TO me l use Bluetooth.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

That's what l thought.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

Apple will be the first l bet

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

Noticed something there, Charging can already be done wirelessly? Which iPhone has that system now l'm interested.
Air Pods not so important TO me l use Bluetooth.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.
The only wireless charging system currently used by Apple is for the Apple Watch and the new Apple Watch 2.

I knew they would be the first, l wonder when the iPhone gets it

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

I knew they would be the first, l wonder when the iPhone gets it

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.
One of the drawbacks with wireless charging is that it's not nearly as efficient as wired charging, requiring longer charging times. I expect that we'll see wireless charging on iPhones when they can get the charging time down.

Maybe just a range problem, bit like Bluetooth but if you plonk it down in a room, might work ? I live in hope.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

One of the drawbacks with wireless charging is that it's not nearly as efficient as wired charging, requiring longer charging times. I expect that we'll see wireless charging on iPhones when they can get the charging time down.

Just sent you a link don't know if it's your kinda thing though.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

Apple will be the first l bet

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.
I think there are already Android phones that charge wirelessly. Apple is rarely the first, in my opinion they just refine it when they adopt.

I think there are already Android phones that charge wirelessly. Apple is rarely the first, in my opinion they just refine it when they adopt.

Don't suppose you know which models ?

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.