What's new

Apple Account Verification Bank Account Details Required?

behappy123

Reaction score
When I was downloading a FREE APP from the app store, I was asked to verify my Apple Account details. It asked for my bank account number and its PIN CODE. Is it supposed to do this. The address is not the one which I had given while registering my first iPhone 4s, but an alternate one from which I have ordered my iPhone 5s. I do suspect this sudden appearance and want to ensure that this appears for all. Thanks.

When I was downloading a FREE APP from the app store, I was asked to verify my Apple Account details. It asked for my bank account number and its PIN CODE. Is it supposed to do this. The address is not the one which I had given while registering my first iPhone 4s, but an alternate one from which I have ordered my iPhone 5s. I do suspect this sudden appearance and want to ensure that this appears for all. Thanks.
An app has no legitimate reason to know your bank account number and it's associated PIN number. Do not give this information. As the previous poster stated, contact Apple Support immediately.

An app has no legitimate reason to know your bank account number and it's associated PIN number. Do not give this information. As the previous poster stated, contact Apple Support immediately.
Not 'an app'. I am not allowed to download any app from the store now. It asks me to verify this information.

Not 'an app'. I am not allowed to download any app from the store now. It asks me to verify this information.
Who is asking you to verify this information? Nobody has a legitimate reason to ask you for your bank account number and PIN number. That information could be used by unauthorized persons to access your bank account.

Who is asking you to verify this information? Nobody has a legitimate reason to ask you for your bank account number and PIN number. That information could be used by unauthorized persons to access your bank account.
I know. But, the problem is that I am not at home, on roaming, so I just cant call Apple like that, it will be a huge bill. Will try to contact through email.

I don't seem to get any 'e-mail' option from the support section.

And what adds to the dilemma is that the iPhone keeps on asking to verify my iCloud password from time to time.

As all have stated you really need to contact Apple. Apple. support is available world wide so where ever you Re find the local number and call it will not be a roaming charge.

I am moving this thread to our help section please do not duplicate posts
Wasn't a duplicate post. I don't know how It came into the health section. I had started it only once in the iPhone help section.

Apple support told me that this happens and the security code is required only for the first time and it can be turned off later somewhere. Anyone able to confirm whether they also got this or not? Thanks.