Reaction score
App won't finish downloading on iPhone 5. It is just waiting. I have tried:
Deleting it - it won't delete
Signing out and back into iTunes
Re-downloading it from App Store, it won't
Shutting phone off and on
Hard resetting it
Turning airplane mode on and off

Nothing I have tried is working. Any other things to try?!!!

Welcome to iPhoneForums, mmclean!

Download the app in iTunes on your computer and sync it to your iPhone afterwards. This should work in any case.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, mmclean!

Download the app in iTunes on your computer and sync it to your iPhone afterwards. This should work in any case.

Is there anyway to do it without a computer? I don't have one...

If you don't have a computer, this won't be possible.

You could try downloading the app when connected to a different Wi-Fi.

I'll try to find a computer. I have tried deleting and re-downloading it on 2 different wifi, nothing changed.

When you find a computer, you'll have to install the latest iTunes version and login with your Apple ID. In the iTunes Store, search for the app and download it. Then sync it to your iPhone.

I hope you'll be able to install the app. If it's still not possible, contact the app developer.

How did you try to delete it? The "x" in the upper left corner? If so, did you go to Settings >General >Usage >Manage Storage >If it has shown up there, tap it then delete from there. If it's stuck in mid download, it may not yet be there.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

I tried syncing it from a computer. It starts downloading on my phone but then stops when almost done and doesn't finish.

When I go into settings, it's not there.

Megan

If possible, try downloading a different app. If this works, then contact the developer of the app that doesn't install.

I sync it again with iTunes on a different wifi and computer. It still only downloaded 3/4 of it. But I was able to go into settings and delete the app from there this time. So I was finally able to delete it. I'll try downloading it some other time maybe.

Thanks everyone for all your help!!

I sync it again with iTunes on a different wifi and computer. It still only downloaded 3/4 of it. But I was able to go into settings and delete the app from there this time. So I was finally able to delete it. I'll try downloading it some other time maybe.

Thanks everyone for all your help!!
Can you not download the app from the App Store on the phone? Why use a computer?

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)