What's new

App development

Gregsaidthat

Reaction score
So one thing I want to do is learn how to create applications. I know someone who has a forums based website and wanted an application To be made for easier access to the site. He had mentioned something along the lines of like an application made like some newspapers have done. In that case wouldn't you have to manually update the app? I don't know much about it but I thought I would post it on here to hear some feedback and possibly some ways to make it work. Tha m I. Advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gregsaidthat said:
So one thing I want to do is learn how to create applications. I know someone who has a forums based website and wanted an application To be made for easier access to the site. He had mentioned something along the lines of like an application made like some newspapers have done. In that case wouldn't you have to manually update the app? I don't know much about it but I thought I would post it on here to hear some feedback and possibly some ways to make it work. Tha m I. Advance.

Apps are never automatically updated. You receive the update notice from the AppStore and have to manually choose to apply the update. The newspaper example you mentioned is a subscription, where you can choose to have new issues downloaded automatically. This is quite different than an update of the app itself.

Alright I got you. So pretty much an update or for example a post to a reply it would have to be manually updated.

I know this tapatalk application will update with a new post to a thread. How does something like that work?

Gregsaidthat said:
Alright I got you. So pretty much an update or for example a post to a reply it would have to be manually updated.

I know this tapatalk application will update with a new post to a thread. How does something like that work?

That would be similar to automatic downloads for a magazine subscription, for example.

Alright. I will have to look into it and see if I can figure it out. Thanks again.

Similar to that. Let me use this for an example. Say a local newspaper has an iPhone application and when they post a new article on their website how do they get the article to update on the phone application?