What's new

App description/review website for iPhones?

pacanis

Reaction score
Two more days baby!

I'm coming from a Droid. There's a website called Andro Library (or something) that you can access from a computer and do searches for apps, such as by typing "alarms". Then it will pull up all the alarm apps and you can review their ratings, see screenshots and such. You can even filter them by free apps. Then you can hit the market from your phone and type in the exact app you want to download. It makes it real easy for someone like me who is in front a computer all day and doesn't like to surf the marketplace with my phone.

Do iPhones have something similar?

Bummer. I take it this is a no then.
I guess this is what android users refer to when they say that android phones are an "open system". Meaning (I guess) that there are websites that aren't Apple based that help support the phone.
I guess you take the bad with the good.

Sorry, I missed your post somehow.

Yes, iPhone does have two apps that will help.

1st is called AppBzr.

2nd is called AppShopper.

Both have "Wishlist" features so that you will be notified when an app goes on sale. Both will let you filter by free vs paid. AppShopper covers both iPad and iPhone, where AppBzr is for iPhone apps only.

Thanks for the reply, Skull One. AppShopper looks like exactly what I was looking for! Very similar to this:
AndroLib, Find all the applications and games available in the Android Market for your Android Phone, Droid, Galaxy S etc...

Super, I can finally easily browse apps for my phone. I tried on Apple's site and couldn't even find weatherbug.

Apple really needs a better app store application on the iPhone. The iPad version does have improvements but not by much :(