What's new

Anyone Use Slingbox?

Smitty

Reaction score
I have been wanting to get a slingbox to watch tv away from home. I have Att u-verse currently. It is a joke really. To view thier app you have to have a higher tier plan ( the u-300) and it's not even live tv. It's predetermined downloads. So I am thinking of either canceling u-verse and getting direct tv more channels and way cheaper. And adding a slingbox. I guess my question is, is slingbox worth the investment? It is 180 for the lower sd version and 300 for the supposed hd version. And then another 29.99 for the app in the app store.

I dont have it myself but ive seen some one who did have it and i thought it was pretty sweet. He was watching some football game live and it was legit. He even said he could watch his security cameras live at his house from anywhere, he didnt show me that tho.

i would deff get this, but we dont have cable at my house :/ohh well i guess netflix it is

I would try netflix. It's not tv but it works and has 20,000 streaming titles.

I already have netflix. And while it is awesome. It is lacking what I really want. And that's live sports and my dvr recordings on the go. I always find myself away from football on Sundays. And want to correct that this year. With the horrible reviews of the NFL superfan , that is not a route that I
Considering anymore. Plus it is limited to only football. With a slingbox you can have whatever channel you want and your dvr. So I think it's time to pull the trigger.

I've got Netflix as well as slingbox. They both have their advantages.
If you go the sling route.....check your UPload speed, as this is critical to viewing quality.
Works like a charm with my new ip4

zeke

I've got Netflix as well as slingbox. They both have their advantages.
If you go the sling route.....check your UPload speed, as this is critical to viewing quality.
Works like a charm with my new ip4

zeke

Which upload speed are you referring to?

Internet speed provided by your internet service provider.

I have mediacom cable.

Download speed runs around 17Mbps and Upload speed runs just under 2.0 Mbps. If upload speed is slow.....slingbox doesn't perform as well when you're on the road.

zeke

It's not tv but it works and has 20,000 streaming titles.

Are you talking about the u-verse tv app? I am not upgrading to the
u-300. I only have the u-200. And another thing I have recently found about , the slingbox app does not support video out . Just like netflix. For a 30$ app that is just a rip off !