What's new

Anyone recall years ago when those mystery chips were being sold?

snapshot4741

Reaction score
I am posting about the snake oil salesman who were selling those little thin chips, you put inside your cell phone that they said would make the battery last longer, and make the phone get better call performance.

I remember people selling them over 15 years ago, got this guy at our veterans center trying to convince people to use them, it's pure snake oil everyone who stuck one in their phone found it did nothing years ago i remember.

Is there some new mystery chip being produced today that i don't know about that really works wonders?

Yes, they call it a Morphie Juice Pack [emoji848][emoji23]

Yes, they call it a Morphie Juice Pack [emoji848][emoji23]
The item i am posting about is just a small sliver of a copper looking item you just stick inside the phone near the battery, it's not a extra battery and case for cell phones.

Those were sold mostly as antenna booster's. A bunch of snake oil is all that is. And as far as increasing your battery life forget about it. It's just snake oil, sorry to say.

The item i am posting about is just a small sliver of a copper looking item you just stick inside the phone near the battery, it's not a extra battery and case for cell phones.
These are similar to the magic fuel filters that would claim to double your gas mileage.

Reactions: 933
More efficient chips (moving to 10 nanometer or smaller process) updated communication methods, LED vs backlit LCD, improved energy storage density technology, larger batteries etc. these are examples of what is needed to increase battery life outside changing how you setup and use your phone (Bluetooth on/off, wi-fi on/off, brightness setting, volume etc). Nothing like a magic chip, if anyone tries to sell you something like that run away, fast.

Never heard that one. But common sense dictates that it is BS.

This guy is also pitching little bands of metal he wraps around A/C cords on common power strips using small tying straps, says it will clean up the faze angle of the A/C power making it cleaner more efficient and you will lower your power bill.

He has been hitting on the older Veterans, even offered me a job selling his stuff.

I have a splice loop i use to connect my clip on fluke Amp. meter, and am going to ask him to bring in one of his super efficient power strips, i will provide a plane power strip we will connect something that draws Amp.s and see how his efficient Pwr. strip is better than my plane strip.

I bet he won't do this simple test.

Only way to fix phase angle is with in-line capacitors, you only need to do it if you have a LOT of equipment (which means a LOT of motors) and the only benefit is power company doesn't charge you for excessive power factor.

Do not fall for this (first time I've heard someone trying to scam this) and please please please tell all the veterans not to fall for this.

You will not see any difference using an ammeter either in line or with a coil. The phase shift is the difference between the voltage and current peaks. It is called reactive power and again it is NOT something that affects or gets corrected by home or small business owners/users

Only way to fix phase angle is with in-line capacitors, you only need to do it if you have a LOT of equipment (which means a LOT of motors) and the only benefit is power company doesn't charge you for excessive power factor.

Do not fall for this (first time I've heard someone trying to scam this) and please please please tell all the veterans not to fall for this.

You can bet i will i just don't like his trying to scam them.

You will not see any difference using an ammeter either in line or with a coil. The phase shift is the difference between the voltage and current peaks. It is called reactive power and again it is NOT something that affects or gets corrected by home or small business owners/users

He is just trying to tell me the device will not be using more power, and i know there won't be any difference this is why i know he won't except my offer.