What's new

anyone interested in partnering to build apps

rosemark0206

Reaction score
Hi All,
I was just wondering if anyone is interested in partnering to build phone apps.. I have extensive experience developing android apps with several apps in the market. However, I do not have the time to also develop an iphone version of the apps. Therefore, was wondering if anyone was interesting in partnering. I will build the android apps and you build the iphone apps.. all profits are split...

Your proposal is very interesting but unfortunately unrealistic. iPhone apps are making more money than Android apps by in large. Also since there is no review process on Android Apps you can deploy updates every 15 minutes. iPhone apps can take days for an update to be approved. Which means an iOS coder has to take more care in creating the application, meeting the Apple "look and feel" and getting the app nearly, if not completely, "right the first time".

Which means the iOS coder is actually having to do more work overall but for less pay than an Android developer since the profits are split. From a business standpoint that doesn't make much sense.

Do u mind teachin me and providing software to build apple applications? If yes let's begain right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love to but unfortunatly have a similar problem to yourself, no time.P.s. I am running a YouTube series where i review the best new applications on the app store every wednesday. I just thought you might be interested. Here is the link. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNkYeayUqNM]YouTube - ‪Best Free Apps For iPhone - 25 May 2011‬‏[/ame]

I have to disagree with your argument that developing for an iphone app is more work.. I have already created the android apps and have built the backend webservices, webpages, etc... So the iphone developer would just need to build the client side gui.

This sounds like a business that's taking off and will only get bigger. So an ignorant question here - what skills are needed to develop an app for an iPhone?

This sounds like a business that's taking off and will only get bigger. So an ignorant question here - what skills are needed to develop an app for an iPhone?

Programing skills are surely require.

I am more looking for someone that has developed iphone apps in the past.

Last edited:
I am more looking for someone that has developed iphone apps in the past.

Actually, a friend of a friend of mine who I talked to not long ago was developing apps for the iPad, and it was the only income he had. I'll see if I can't inform him of your need. Do you have an email?

You have two viable programming language choices for doing an iOS application.
1) Objective C
2) C# under MonoTouch.

There are pros and cons to each of them.

Objective C is a nightmare language if you are an already established developer with a significant background in C, C++ and C# coding. This opinion is based on the fact that Objective C doesn't follow ANY industry accepted standard for working with objects, when using Apples standards of coding.

Example:
Assigning a value to a property under C# would look something like:
foo.property = true;

The same line of code under Objective C:
[foo property: Yes];

Now before anyone chimes in and says "BUT you can do foo.property = Yes" in Objective C, very few books or example code on the internet ever shows that method because it isn't considered the "Proper Way" to write Objective C code.

C# on the other hand uses a closer to "C" syntax and provides some real time saving benefits but at a cost. You can not do JIT compiling of certain classes. This means that dynamic dictionaries and arrays are out of the question unless you do a major work around. This caveat can be a real pain to native C# coders that are used to flying thru large amounts of data or assigning objects to dictionaries for iterative type constructs.

Now iOS does have one distinct advantage over Android. Screen layout of applications. iOS uses a custom design layout tool. Android uses XML and requires you to have at least 3 different DPI of graphics to cover all the phones out there. And if the phone maker didn't implement the the conversion routines to the screen size properly, you are basically hosed on that phone.

But the largest issue with taking a Android project to iOS is the consistent interface issues. Apple will not allow an app that breaks their convention. Android doesn't have a convention. So anything you design in Android doesn't directly translate to iOS in most cases. The single largest example I can give where this is an issue is "WeatherBug Elite". The iOS version SUCKs compared to its Android sibling. iOS forced a certain look and feel. They weren't limited by that for the Android version. So it looks simply better. So while the Android version may not work on every phone, it does look good on the ones it does work for.

Food for thought.

Sorry but since it's about programing. If I learned C# that means I could go download the SDK and let my fingers start the music? (letting the factors aside, I know I need a Mac for the apple SDK and I know the other work-arounds)

I'm a computer science student. I know C++ and Visual Basic, currently learning Java. Any recommendations for developing iPhone apps? (for example: what to get/learn?)

You would require the following if you wanted to go the C# path:

Free:
Mono & MonoDevelopment
Apple SDK

Cost:
MonoTouch $400.
Apple distribution license $99 a year.

If you don't already own an Apple licensed computer there is also the cost of acquiring that. I believe the current lowest cost is $700. And before you decide to say "Hackintosh" let me remind you that if you want to be a professional programmer and taken seriously, you do everything legal. Because asking someone to pay you for you work when you aren't willing to do the same goes beyond the word hypocrite.

As a side note, Novell has fired the entire Mono staff. And the current projects are now locked "as is". This means if you run into any problems with Mono you will have no recourse on getting it resolved.

Hi All,
I was just wondering if anyone is interested in partnering to build phone apps.. I have extensive experience developing android apps with several apps in the market. However, I do not have the time to also develop an iphone version of the apps. Therefore, was wondering if anyone was interesting in partnering. I will build the android apps and you build the iphone apps.. all profits are split...

Hi there,

We are interested. Check us out at iPhone Application Development Company | iPhone,iPad App and Game Developers | VAPSSKY Technologies

Best
Vapssky Team