What's new

Anybody tried....

chantelle310

Reaction score
Anybody on the forum use a pair of beats by dr dre headphones.. The solo HD ones? Really looking into getting a pair for christmas. Went instore and plugged my iphone into a pair n tested briefley for about 1minute. They sounded good and felt really lightweight and comfortable just wondering if anybody actually uses them on a day to day basis with there idevice? If not anybody have any alternate headphones they would recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chantelle310 said:
Anybody on the forum use a pair of beats by dr dre headphones.. The solo HD ones? Really looking into getting a pair for christmas. Went instore and plugged my iphone into a pair n tested briefley for about 1minute. They sounded good and felt really lightweight and comfortable just wondering if anybody actually uses them on a day to day basis with there idevice? If not anybody have any alternate headphones they would recommend?

I got Beats by dre Solo head phone two weeks ago from a friend of mine. I agree with you that they do sound great but I also own a pair of Skull Candy head phones which are way cheaper than Beats but they sound similar. There's hardly any difference. Beats are so expensive just for the name nothing special.
Also when I used to work at a Music studio we used to use JVC head phones which are as good as Beats but were only for $50.
If you want good sound and value money, I would suggest SkullCandy over Beats by dr dre. Beats are too expensive just for the brand name.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I got Beats by dre Solo head phone two weeks ago from a friend of mine. I agree with you that they do sound great but I also own a pair of Skull Candy head phones which are way cheaper than Beats but they sound similar. There's hardly any difference. Beats are so expensive just for the name nothing special.
Also when I used to work at a Music studio we used to use JVC head phones which are as good as Beats but were only for $50.
If you want good sound and value money, I would suggest SkullCandy over Beats by dr dre. Beats are too expensive just for the brand name.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Ive had skull candy also but i only had the "low rider" style.. They snapped in half one random day. I might look into getting a higher spec design in those ones. Comfort is also a huge deal for me too and the beats seem to be the right size for me.. But as you say they are overly expensive right now, and its mainly down to the brand name and the high celeb publicity they get.
Im planning on waiting till boxing day sales to buy anything neways and hoping that they get reduced in price for the sales.. I think its about time they was due to they have just released a new design n colour range in them. Thanks for the advice :)