What's new

Any news on ios 4.0.1 update

ady199

Reaction score
Does anything think that Apple will release the rumored 4.0.1 update today??

Haven't seen anything yet, but searching all morning!

Hopefully later today, because i want to be able to hold my iphone with both hands once I get it tomorrow (pray to god)

so this update is mainly for the antenna problem people have had? or just that?

i dont see how a software update could fix a hardware problem...besides make it look like you have more service bars than you really do...

i forget who posted this but...

Apple Insider is reporting that the “Death Grip” antenna problem may be down to a software issue, and that a software fix, iOS 4.0.1, could be on the way as early as this coming Monday. Apple Insider says that many of their readers have reported to them that Apple’s tech support forums confirmed this news, only to have it then mysteriously swept off the board, along with any other discussion threads on the subject. Here’s Apple Insider’s explanation of the technical issue at the core of the matter:

“The fix is expected to address an issue in iOS 4 related to radio frequency calibration of the baseband. Readers who saw the original forum discussions say that the issue is believed to occur when switching frequencies; because the lag is allegedly not calibrated correctly, it results in the device reporting ‘no service’ rather than switching to the frequency with the best signal-to-noise ratio.”
And as far as the whole “how you hold it” issue goes, Apple Insider says that hand placement possibly exacerbates the software problem that is already there.

but they said the same about the 3g drop calls thing and look how that turned out

Well, I'm wondering what else this may fix software wise.

The current 4.0.0 has a great deal of faults. I find myself hard booting my phone both my 3GS & iPhone4 alot each day.

The most basic problem is using the multi-tasking. Sometimes I can remove 4 apps from the bar and then when the 5th comes up to remove it locks up totally. Having me to do a hard boot.

Another issue, In fact the first one I found when I got my iPhone4 was in my text messaging.

It would be STUCK on ONE text message and at the top where on the left "messages" are listed would be totally gone altogether. Same for "Edit" on the other side. No matter how many times I clicked home and go back to Messages it still stuck. Until I reboot.

Other then that it's mainly pretty damn good!

Yea I had read that post you linked to, And I agree people are thinking it's a massive drop in service when it's not really that bad at all.

I had mine with no bars at all still sending and getting text with no issue.

sorry to hear that, i never seen any of these problems, maybe your trying to run too much at a time?

sorry to hear that, i never seen any of these problems, maybe your trying to run too much at a time?

The reason you not seeing the issue is more than likely the signal in your area is good and like the article says you wouldn't be able to see it. There are alot of different things that make it worse.. But every phone will reproduce it.

I am using the iOS4 on a 3GS no problems at all, so will be a long time before I upgrade to the next update. Lets face it the purpose is going to be to see if they can sort out the iphone 4.