What's new

Any New Yorkers know when we are getting 4G lte

DayoDee

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me when do you think we are gonna get 4G LTE in New York for Sprint because 3G sucks

You mean to say that New York City does not have 4GLTE from Sprint? I mean that's the largest mass of people on the face of North America.

Incredible, you would think that's where they would start.

Can anybody tell me when do you think we are gonna get 4G LTE in New York for Sprint because 3G sucks

I think this article may help you with your answer. Report: Sprint's LTE coverage far less than advertised - FierceBroadbandWireless

Cliff notes: Sprints says they cover 15 cities for LTE. It was tested in Dallas/Fort Worth and 2 others. Sprints map shows roughly 85% coverage of DFW. The actual plotted map shows the coverage to be closer to 25%.

Sprint is way behind in LTE deployment.

Thanks for that article it was very helpful

Went to sprint today to order my iphone 5, and asked about 4g lte in my area (capital district). They said early to mid next year they will be rolling out 4g lte upstate. Which im fine with, i mostly use wifi at home and at work anyways.

A sprint source said before the year is out we would get sprint LTE in New York rolling out

are you in the city? I can see it being rolled out there before up here.

Here is a link to the next 100 markets that sprint plans on rolling out lte service in the coming months. Select your state and city to see if its coming to your area. New York City is on that list.

Thanks for the link but I already seen that link on sprint.com and besides that it only say in the coming months so that's not much help at all a

honestly I don't see the big deal on waiting for 4g, because I either use the hospital's wifi, or my home wifi when I'm on the phone, and if I'm in the car, I'm using spotify usually. if I use pandora, the 3g is fine, and sprint has unlimited data.

I just want to see what hype is about lte

What type of 4G you have in white plains is it WiMAX or LTE because I am looking for LTE to be out here in NYC not WiMAX

Thanks for the link but I already seen that link on sprint.com and besides that it only say in the coming months so that's not much help at all a

Some sources are stating that the 100 cities that are listed on that link are going to be completed by the end of this year and that the entire U.S.A will be completed by the end of 2013. Sprint is not giving exact dates, so no one can answer your question with any certainty.