What's new

Any hope for better battery life? (Iphone 5)

steven5224

Reaction score
As we all know that own an iPhone 5 that the battery life sucks! I did all the things possible to increase your battery life. Works but not as well as I wished for. Is there anyway that apple is going to improve battery life or is buying an external battery pack the only solution right now?

first let me just say that i don't have a ip5 but i do have a 4s, and i do believe that batt is pretty much the same. and i have no problems getting 8-12 hours of moderate use from it. are you saying you can't get at least 8hrs of moderate out of your
iphone5? and i'm just curious but how many hours of batt life is acceptable to you?

Last edited:
I agree. Moderate use easy I get 10 hours until I gets to the point where it tells me I need to charge.

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)

4s battery life is fine for me... Wish ten5 had a mophie!! That thing is a saver!

A while ago, I saw this rumour on Twitter that there was a Cydia app which was created to boost your lifetime. It doubled the normal lifetime, but not sure if it was real.

Many Thanks,
ASSASINATERZ

I get an easy 10 hours of use out of my phone too. The first day I had it I did a full charge and full discharge to scale the battery meter. Not sure if that makes a difference but during the discharge it sat at 0% for a good half hour + before it shut off. I have read differing theories but I put stock into periodically scaling the battery like this so your battery meter is accurate because the phone needs an accurate reading on the battery health to properly model the battery.

Maybe I am wrong. But it seems to have worked for me.

mine also drain faster. scenario is this i leave my place at 7am my batt is 100% when i reach office the batt is around 85%. I was using yahoo messenger and facebook only and also browsing here at the furom. then from 8am till 5pm i can say i use it but only txt messages. i can say moderate. depends on how many messages and calls i recieved but most of the time from 1pm to 5pm i seldom use my phone. but on my way home arround 530pm my batt is only arround 25%. when i reach home its iethier off batt drain or i lucky enough a 2% still.

Wow I get great battery ... Grabbed phone 9am been texting/ couple calls/ a lot of web browsing and currently at 41%

vatoloco said:
first let me just say that i don't have a ip5 but i do have a 4s, and i do believe that batt is pretty much the same. and i have no problems getting 8-12 hours of moderate use from it. are you saying you can't get at least 8hrs of moderate out of your
iphone5? and i'm just curious but how many hours of batt life is acceptable to you?

I got iPhone 4s and iPhone five and I must say that my battery on 5, have less autonomy than on iPhone 4s. Same settings on both of them. i didn't updated my five with the latest update because I heard that there is problem with battery drain...

ASSASINATERZ said:
A while ago, I saw this rumour on Twitter that there was a Cydia app which was created to boost your lifetime. It doubled the normal lifetime, but not sure if it was real.

Many Thanks,
ASSASINATERZ

Unfortunately for iPhone 5 users, any jailbreak apps and tweaks aren't available as there is no current jailbreak for iOS 6.

I can't say that I'm experiencing bad battery life. I have 10 emails set up in my stock email plus a gmail email app with 1 more account, 2 of those are work accounts with constant email. I have maybe 3 weather apps that are set to update frequently and am a religious Facebook checker. I also take/make calls for 2 busy businesses/clients daily. At night I spend 1-2 hours in a barn with very low signal doing horse chores. My phone lasts all day with my day usually starting at 5am, sometimes 4am. Knock on wood.

No battery issues here. No different than when I had the iPhone 4. Don't know what you are doing w/ your phones to kill the battery, but I don't think it's the phone. Enough people have good battery life to say it's not the phones. Did you charge the battery correctly when you first got the phone?

I'm curious what everyone's actual usage time is. I have had days where my battery will last 12-14 hours and days such as today where it is at 44% with 1 day 7 hours since last charge. I do notice on the 12 hour battery days I'm on the phone 4 hours and browsing and emailing a lot and I m running pandora and maps occasionally through the day. I think the iPhone is better at managing processes and app usage and background data I've had high end android phones for the last 3 years and battery life was always horrid I'm happy with battery life as of now and I understand that there will be days when it will die sooner than later and that is all due to usage.

I have days where the usage is as much as the battery life for the day

Attachments

• $image-3153244554.jpg
    $image-3153244554.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 437

Many Thanks,
ASSASINATERZ

Yes there is but only for 5.xxx
I used it, it worked but I didn't get my iMessages, instagram, or fb notifications until I unlocked the phone. Very inconvenient and irritating. But like I said it did work very very well.