What's new

Antenna Polishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mLuMaN83

Reaction score
I really want to polish the bezel/antenna.

Do you think that using a Cape Cod polishing cloth on it would be ok?

It's a fine watch and jewelry polishing cloth. If rubbed enough, can give a high polish or chrome to it.

Anybody know it this would affect reception at all?

Also, if someone to photoshop an ip4 with a polished bezel, that would be awesome!

I would recommend something like this. The antinna band is treated stainless and I would be willing to bet it wouldn't react well to a polishing solution. Even then I don't think you would be able to get to a "chrome" level of polish.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUj9ImEQQbQ&feature=youtube_gdata[/ame]

I would recommend something like this. The antinna band is treated stainless and I would be willing to bet it wouldn't react well to a polishing solution. Even then I don't think you would be able to get to a "chrome" level of polish.

I use the cloths for my watches. Trust me, it will high polish metal if you rub long enough. I have also used a cape cod on the bezel of the 3g and returned the bezel to scratch free high polish.

Well seems you have answered your own question. Post up pics once your done! I would like to see how it turns out!

Well seems you have answered your own question. Post up pics once your done! I would like to see how it turns out!

I think I may go for it. I really dont see how a little polish would affect reception. Maybe someone can chime in with some tech knowledge on the antenna? I mean, if you get scratches on it, it shouldnt effect it right? so why not a bit of polish to the metal?

I did it. I did it by lightly sanding with 220 grit sandpaper then 600 grit then put it to a buffer. Lol it's a great look and doing this way doesn't alter the stainless steel at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.