What's new

annoyed by an alarm i cant find setting for

osso12

Reaction score
Ok, i have been annoyed by a "tone" for over a week now.
All my alerts are off, and all my apps are off. Every 2 or 3 hours or so I get a soft "bell" sound that sounds like a soft marimba tone or bell.
I have looked every where and this is simply driving me bonkers as I do not what turned the silly thing on, nor do I know what it is that is causing it for that matter. I am going to keep replying to this post until this is solved.
Other than general settings, where else can I look?
O yes, when I get the "tone" no apps or anything pop up.

Do you have push or fetch enabled for email? I sometimes get a new email tone even if I don't have any new emails...

Do you have push or fetch enabled for email? I sometimes get a new email tone even if I don't have any new emails...

Ok, I think this is what it was....how annoying.
I put all the fetch settings on manual. The tone went off when I was in these settings so I think this is what it was. This is the first time I have seen these settings. Thanks for the info, if it fixes it ill post back.

No problem. It annoyed me for abit untill I figured it out. So I deleted and re added my account, problem solved...

Since I turned the fetch and push off I have not heard it since. I guess thats what it was. So so happy now!

Trust me to chime in late... but I had this problem too, and it was because I had it setup to monitor all of my folders (including Spam), so when I was getting Spam I was getting the alert.

I since changed it to monitor only my Inbox folder and now only get the alert whenever I get an email.

I did this quite a while ago, but I think the place to change this is in Settings -> Mail -> Exchange -> Mail Folders to Push.