What's new

Angry Birds Rio Sambas Onto the App Store

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcbRgr4dt6I]YouTube - Angry Birds Rio - Nigel Mashup[/ame]​

The latest Angry Birds blockbuster, Angry Birds Rio, hits the App Store today for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. The game was developed in association with Twentieth Century Fox, and features the animated stars of the studio’s upcoming film, RIO, which hits theatres on April 15. The new game features two episodes and 60 levels, plus episodic updates based on the movie, which will be released throughout the year. New playable characters, achievements and unlockable secrets are also included.

In the game, animal smugglers have kidnapped (birdnapped) the Angry Birds and taken them to Rio, where they escape and attempt to rescue their friends, Blu and Jewel, two rare macaws and the stars of the upcoming movie. Gameplay combines the best bits of the original game with unique twists based on the movie.

Check out the hilarious trailer above featuring the Angry Birds performing a musical mashup with villainous cockatoo Nigel from the movie, voiced by the fantastic Jemaine Clement of Flight of the Conchords fame.

Click here to download the game for $0.99/£0.59: Angry Birds Rio for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

or click here to download the free version: Angry Birds Rio Free for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Source: Rovio

Just seen it this morning. Straight to no. 1 with 5 stars in th UK app store. I won't be getting it just yet. Still got plenty of levels to do in the original....

*edit* Never mind. Bought it. Lol...

Last edited:
i dont know how such a game stays number 1 for such a long period of time.. i got bored of angry birds after the first one lol...

but well done to them for making such an addictive game