What's new

All of my contacts are not being displayed

jmt356

Reaction score
I have a couple of thousand contacts on my computer, which I sync with my iPhone 4. However, I noticed today that only a small handful of contacts (about 50) are on my iPhone. I am not sure what I did. Do I have some kind of a filter turned on on my iPhone to display only a fraction of the total contacts?
I also tried to synchronize my phone several times today, even selecting “Contacts” under Settings | Info | Replace information on this iPhone so that the contacts on my iPhone would be replaced with the couple thousand on my computer, but there are still only about 50 displaying on my iPhone.
It seems I have some kind of a filter turned on such that only my contacts that are on FaceBook are showing up as my iPhone’s contacts.
When I go to Groups, I have two Groups: “Facebook” and “From my PC.” When I deselect these groups, no contacts show up. When I select them, only around 50 show up. How can I get ALL of my contacts to show up?

You have to sync your contacts through iCloud or Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc. Do you have "contacts" turned on for one of those services? And are your contacts located through one of those services?

I have my iPhone set to sync with Outlook. I have selected “All contact” to sync with my iPhone, but only a small portion of them are synching.
My problem is not related to synching through iCloud.

Under Groups, I have "All Facebook" and "All from My PC" selected, but I believe "All from my PC" is linked to the wrong group in Outlook. I have two sets of Contacts in Outlook, one connected with my work Exchange server email account and the other associated with my "Personal Folders." My iPhone has now apparently been linked with my work email and it is no longer synching my personal contacts anymore. How can I configure which set of Contacts to sync with?

Last edited:
Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendar.

Each account has a toggle for Contacts if the protocol/service provides synchronization.

So open each account and only toggle Contacts on for the one you want synced.

Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendar.

Each account has a toggle for Contacts if the protocol/service provides synchronization.

So open each account and only toggle Contacts on for the one you want synced.

When I right-click the work email Contacts account and select Properties, I am unable to access the Synchronization tab. When I click on it, nothing happens.

When I right-click the personal Contacts account and select Properties, there is no Synchronization tab.

How can I turn off synchronization for the work Contacts account and turn it on for the personal Contacts account?

Right click? That's a PC term when using a mouse. I'm talking about doing this on the iPhone not on a computer.

After I go into Settings | Mail, Contacts, Calendar, where do I go? Add Account gives me a series of online email accounts, such as Google and Yahoo. However, what I want is for the Contacts, Calendar appointments and Notes that I have on Outlook (an offline program) to synchronize to my iPhone, in the same way that they did before I added my work Exchange server email account to Outlook.