What's new

After years, our first water incident...

jntdroid

Reaction score
After years on these forums with multiple smartphones, one of our little bundles of joy snuck my wife's phone behind her back and chunked it in the pool. It only went in on the first step, and I grabbed it out after, maybe, 1-2 seconds of subversion at the most (trying to factor in the "slow motion" effect that it felt like). I immediately powered it down and pulled out the sim and tried to blow out all the openings.

The weird thing is that it seemed to work just fine, besides the fact that it would randomly power back on. But that went away after a few hours. So as of today you would never know it fell in. We have Verizon's insurance, but I'm tempted to NOT lay down the $160 (or $170?) deductible if it's working fine. Though, obviously, something could go wrong in the future...

Oh, it has a cheap screen protector on it, and just a basic case that doesn't cover any of the openings (except the sim) and has a pretty tight fit.

I know there's no clear-cut answer here, but I just wanted to throw it out to get people's .02 on whether or not I should go ahead and claim it - i.e. how likely is it to have problems in the near future (again, I realize this is complete speculation!).

TIA

They can be unpredictable after getting wet,it's anyone's guess really,you could always wait a couple of weeks or so and see how it performs.

Thanks for the input. I guess the more I think about it, Asurion won't care if it's 2 months after the fact (it's still working perfectly by the way). All they care about is the deductible and monthly fee...

let us know how it goes and what you decide anyway.

Wifey dropped her phone in a puddle of water. She pulled it right out and it worked for a few weeks, then started giving her tiny little problems. My 2 cents is to go ahead and replace it, if you can. I know it's costly, but you might regret it if you don't.