What's new

Adding a song to a playlist...

utseay

Reaction score
I went from a 1st Gen iPod Video to iPhone 4. On my old iPod, if you were listening to a song you liked, you just had to click and hold and it'd add it to a playlist.

Does iPhone 4 having a function similar? The only way I've been able to get anything in the playlist is by going into the play list and clicking the add button. Then I have to navigating through thousands of songs to find the one I want to add. It's a pain.

Great!
Please add this song everyone in your playlist of iphone ....
Waka Waka by Shakera.
Thanks.

You can use the search engine in the iPod app to find songs faster and add them to your playlist all done on your phone quicker and easier.

Bab2010, thanks.

However, sometimes I do not realize I want to add a song to the playlist until it's playing (i.e. with a new CD). Is there an option that'll let me do it while it's playing without having to go all the way to the play list, click +, and search for the song, then click the song?

Bab2010, thanks.

However, sometimes I do not realize I want to add a song to the playlist until it's playing (i.e. with a new CD). Is there an option that'll let me do it while it's playing without having to go all the way to the play list, click +, and search for the song, then click the song?

Are you talking about how to do it on a computer? Or how to add song on a playlist on your iDevice? If you are talking about an iDevice, how do you play cd on it? I don't understand well your question.

I'm talking about from my iPhone 4.

A CD is a compact disc, which has a series of songs an artist will release all at he same time. Typically, that CD can be converted to MP3, and even purchased online in it's entirety.

Now, back to the question. I guess the only way to add a song to the playlist, thru the iPhone4 in iPod application, is to click on playlist and add them one at a time? If so....then lame. My 2005 iPod video has a better process than that.

I'm talking about from my iPhone 4.

A CD is a compact disc, which has a series of songs an artist will release all at he same time. Typically, that CD can be converted to MP3, and even purchased online in it's entirety.

Now, back to the question. I guess the only way to add a song to the playlist, thru the iPhone4 in iPod application, is to click on playlist and add them one at a time? If so....then lame. My 2005 iPod video has a better process than that.
Yes that's how you add songs to a playlist, one by one. there is no other option that i know, and you can also do it on your computer using iTunes and then sync your playlist to your iPhone, it can be much easier to do it on a computer than on the iDevice.