What's new

Add MicroSD Card Support to Your iPhone With Leef iAccess

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
Leef iAccess.JPG

BGR has news today of a way that you can use a microSD card with your iPhone. It’s called Leef iAccess, from the makers of the iBridge iOS memory expansion accessory, and it’s a dongle that enables you to expand the storage on your iPhone and iPad, and in fact any iOS device with a Lightning port. You’ll also need a separate microSD card in order for it to work.

The discreet, J-shaped drive comes in “Apple white,” and costs just $49.99. It’s available online here: Leef Mobile Memory, and also at Amazon.

“Leef iAccess is all about the on-the-fly transfer of content from GoPros, drones or cameras to iOS devices,” said David Smurthwaite, partner at Leef. “To date, the other solution for transferring content has been WiFi or Bluetooth, which are klunky and slow. Leef products are unique, making transfers much quicker and easier without worrying about connectivity or cables.”

Source: How to add microSD card support to your iPhone 6s

I wonder how it is that third party suppliers can get such SD card readers to work on an iPhone whereas the Apple own brand Lightning SD Card Reader capability is disabled on iPhone 6? (works OK on my iPad Air)

I wonder how it is that third party suppliers can get such SD card readers to work on an iPhone whereas the Apple own brand Lightning SD Card Reader capability is disabled on iPhone 6? (works OK on my iPad Air)
This device is quite limited in what it can store. It can store photos and videos shot with the camera. It could probably store documents such as PDFs. It can't store any iTunes content, such as apps, music, and videos. This type of device has been around for a number of years in various forms. Mophie makes what they call the space pack which has extra storage as well as a battery pack.

This device is quite limited in what it can store. It can store photos and videos shot with the camera. It could probably store documents such as PDFs. It can't store any iTunes content, such as apps, music, and videos. This type of device has been around for a number of years in various forms. Mophie makes what they call the space pack which has extra storage as well as a battery pack.

Well, actually it can store more content that you mentioned. I have a sample for review and I mostly tested it with my GoPro Hero 4. So as far as I know it can store/transfer photos from iPhone to microsd and vice versa. I was also able to transfer videos made by GoPro to my iPad in order to edit those just after I shoot them. It also stores a few songs I bought from iTunes. But as to apps, you are well aware that no external device can store apps from iOS products.....

Yay, Apple Lightning SD Card Reader now works on my iPhone 6 since I upgraded to iOS 9.2.