What's new

Adblockers

Search the App Store for content blocker, there are several and I've tried lots of them. I'm following a dedicated thread on another forum and the most popular content blockers seem to be crystal, admop, and purify.

Once you install one, you will notice a new setting in Settings > Safari > Content Blockers. Go into that submenu to enable them. Once enabled, you will be able to use them in Safari

I'm using Blockr, Purify, and Safari Blocker. Safari Blocker allows you to set custom rules based on URL, regex, etc.

Be sure to whitelist your favorite sites, if you choose, so they continue to get funding to maintain the site.

Note: do be careful with how many you install, they all use rules and those rules take up memory in safari. I've been running three and safari seems to be ok thus far.

Search the App Store for content blocker, there are several and I've tried lots of them. I'm following a dedicated thread on another forum and the most popular content blockers seem to be crystal, admop, and purify.

Once you install one, you will notice a new setting in Settings > Safari > Content Blockers. Go into that submenu to enable them. Once enabled, you will be able to use them in Safari

I'm using Blockr, Purify, and Safari Blocker. Safari Blocker allows you to set custom rules based on URL, regex, etc.

Be sure to whitelist your favorite sites, if you choose, so they continue to get funding to maintain the site.

Note: do be careful with how many you install, they all use rules and those rules take up memory in safari. I've been running three and safari seems to be ok thus far.

follow up...Have you had the opportunity to use these in ios9, and do they work well there?

follow up...Have you had the opportunity to use these in ios9, and do they work well there?
Content blockers only work in iOS 9, the functionality wasn't included in previous versions. But, to answer your question, yes they work very well.