What's new

Activating question

rynorod32

Reaction score
I've read & heard several times all you have to do to activate your phone is to sync it to your iTunes. My phone arrives NLT today at 5pm (Finally just waiting for Fedex). Since I am living here in Hawaii I will miss my window due to me being 6 hours behind.

My question is can I skip the calling portion part of the "Activating Instructions" below and go straight to syncing it to iTunes? And if it is ok to do that, why even bother calling the number below anyways?

I really want to use/play with my phone tonight for obvious reasons. Thanks in advance.

I never activated an iPhone before. When my wife and I purchased our 3G phones, they did it for us at the AT&T store. So please excuse me if you may think it's a dumb question.

How to Activate Your iPhone:
1. Charge your phone/device following the instructions provided in the user's guide.
2. Power on your phone/device.
3. Call 1-866-499-8008 Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m. Eastern Time or Saturday from 11:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m. Eastern Time to activate your phone/device. You may be asked for any of the following information:
•Wireless Phone Number
•AT&T Premier Order Number
•15 digit IMEI number
•20-21 digit SIM card number

Follow these additional activation steps for your iPhone:

1. Download and install the latest version of iTunes from www.apple.com/iTunes to your Mac or PC.
2. Connect iPhone to your Mac or PC using the included cable and dock.
3. Follow the onscreen instructions to sync your iPhone.

You don't havetoo call just plug it up to iTunes and follow the activation instructions. It's really easy.... After that you can sync it!

You don't havetoo call just plug it up to iTunes and follow the activation instructions. It's really easy.... After that you can sync it!

Thank you. Synced it earlier and am now responding via my new phone ;)