What's new

accepting credit cards with iphone4

fish4money

Reaction score
Can anyone point me in the right direction in regards to using my Iphone to accept credit cards. I tried searching the forum and came up empt... My primary business is direct net terms, however I have found myself recently getting the request to accept credit cards. I would love to hear from anyone that is currently using any credit card service with their phone, the good the bad, ugly. I would prefer to get a account that is transferrable if for some reason me and iphone part ways..

I appreciate any input offered. Thanks!

This may be what you are talking about. They send you a reader that plugs into your audio plug, at no cost to you. You then download an app. Pretty neat, used it with my droid but haven't with the iphone yet.

squareup.com

This may be what you are talking about. They send you a reader that plugs into your audio plug, at no cost to you. You then download an app. Pretty neat, used it with my droid but haven't with the iphone yet.

squareup.com

Excellent, that looks like the one.

dbmorris said:

squareup.com

+1....

Ringitup has a new facility to accept credit cards, not used it though so not sure how it's implemented.

it also allows the client to sign on the screen, you can even take a photo, which is handy for point if sale or deliveries :). And works on iPhone and iPads.

Fully working but limited to 12 transaction demo, (full prog costs £22.00), only thing missing IMHO is a formal VAT100 report.

The tech help is very very fast and well informed, very happy to listen to client recommendations so that aids confidence.

I use square and is like a paypal but they send you that square to put in the phone.

I use squareup very often and it works great. The customer signs on your iphone and you either email or text them a receipt. I highly recommend it.

thanks for the thoughts. I guess I am looking for more of the technical side of accepting cards. I am aware of the add on swiper needed and emailing receipts. My concerns would be more along the lines of who is a more reliable company to use, what fees are involved, any contracts, etc...

I'd be very careful taking online card transactions due to scammers. if the transaction fails for some reason the card co's snatch back your payment.