What's new

AC/DC’s Entire Catalogue Finally Lands on iTunes

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
AC_DC.JPG

For those about to rock… not only do we salute you, but we also urge you to check out iTunes if you’re a fan of the legendary Aussie rockers, AC/DC, as according to AppleInsider, the band has finally signed a deal with Apple to allow its entire catalogue to be made available for purchase on iTunes. The band resisted this move previously as they didn’t want people to be able to buy individual tracks, with guitarist Angus Young saying that AC/DC’s songs sounded best as part of a complete album. Now, all those classic albums, such as Back in Black and Highway to Hell, as well as individual tracks such as Thunderstruck, You Shook Me All Night Long, and Hells Bells, are all available to download.

"AC/DC’s thunderous and primal rock and roll has excited fans for generations with their raw and rebellious brand of music, which also resonates with millions of new fans discovering AC/DC everyday," said Apple. "Their growing legion of fans will now experience the intensity of AC/DC’s music in a way it has never been heard before. AC/DC’s music has been Mastered for iTunes, ensuring the music is delivered to listeners with increased audio fidelity, more closely replicating what the artists, recording engineers and producers intended."

Prices vary, with some albums costing $9.99 each and some tracks costing $1.29 each, or if you’re a real diehard AC/DC fan, you can fork over $149.99 for the Complete Collection, which is all of the studio albums, live albums, and box sets! That’s a lot of headbanging, duck-walking and mayhem making from Angus and co!

Click here: https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewArtist?artistId=5040714

Source: AC/DC library now available on Apple's iTunes Store

Hell's Bells. And they already have a pinball game available in the App Store.

I've always liked AC/DC but I've never bought any of their music. I don't really think of them as a head banger band, more of a heavy metal type.

Maybe there is no difference. :)

Back when I was racing Corvettes, I used to do high speed auto crosses (reached speeds of 110 MPH on the straights and 1.1G loads in the turns) in between track events to keep up my skill set. Had a tradition on my very first run of the day to always queue up Thunderstruck on the MP3 player and start playing it when I was about a minute and fifty seconds away from my turn to run the course. And at 1:48 I would crank the volume all the way up and at exactly 1:51 I would launch. Of course every one would cheer when the song hit 2:06. Because one thing us Texans really love is having fun. And legally being able to go really fast and throw our cars around is an incredible amount of fun :D

Hell's Bells. And they already have a pinball game available in the App Store.

I've always liked AC/DC but I've never bought any of their music. I don't really think of them as a head banger band, more of a heavy metal type.

Maybe there is no difference. :)

Yes more straight rock and roll than heavy metal in terms of their music, but I was referring really to Angus and the way he head bangs and duck walks virtually non-stop when they play live! They really are one of the best live bands on the planet! I only wish I had seen them with the late great Bon, I did seem them with Brian on vocals though. Hells Bells is actually correct, that's how it is on the record. Not grammatically correct of course, but it is rock n roll after all!!! lol

Back when I was racing Corvettes, I used to do high speed auto crosses (reached speeds of 110 MPH on the straights and 1.1G loads in the turns) in between track events to keep up my skill set. Had a tradition on my very first run of the day to always queue up Thunderstruck on the MP3 player and start playing it when I was about a minute and fifty seconds away from my turn to run the course. And at 1:48 I would crank the volume all the way up and at exactly 1:51 I would launch. Of course every one would cheer when the song hit 2:06. Because one thing us Texans really love is having fun. And legally being able to go really fast and throw our cars around is an incredible amount of fun :D

Sounds awesome!!! Those riffs certainly get the adrenalin going! Just writing the news story I thought, "I've got to crank out a little AC/DC now!"

Sounds awesome!!! Those riffs certainly get the adrenalin going! Just writing the news story I thought, "I've got to crank out a little AC/DC now!"

LOL sometimes a little too much. I still have a scuff on the left side of my helmet where my head was slammed into my B-Pillar when I spun my '04 at 75 MPH while being a little too enthusiastic with cold tires and that song. Made the mistake of not tightening my five point safety harnesses 100% before getting in line and once in line listening to Thunderstruck, never gave it a second thought. Thankfully the helmet did its job or I would have been knocked out cold.

Saw 'em in college. Back in Black tour. Sixth row, center. My ears are still ringing.:p