What's new

About jailbreaking

iRich

Reaction score
I really want to downgrade to iOS 5.1 but I can't because I didn't save the SHSH. My brother has a iPhone 4 and he saved his SHSH Files and he is on 5.0.1, is there a way I can downgrade by using his SHSH?

iRich said:
I really want to downgrade to iOS 5.1 but I can't because I didn't save the SHSH. My brother has a iPhone 4 and he saved his SHSH Files and he is on 5.0.1, is there a way I can downgrade by using his SHSH?

Nope. Cannot be done mate. Sorry.

SHSH blobs are device specific. There is no way for you to get SHSH at all in any way.

The only way you could possibly have SHSH for 5.0.1 is of your phone was jailbroken while 5.0.1 was being signed.

On a side note....just to he 100% sure that you do/do not have them, download Tiny Umbrella,

Plug in iPhone
Open Tiny Umbrella
Click the "Save SHSH" button.

Whatever versions of iOS show in the list in the large white box is the list of iOS versions that you can restore to. If you do not see 5.0.1 in that list....then you cannot restore to 5.0.1.

However there is a tethered jailbreak for 5.1 on A4 devices. No jailbreak at all for iPhone 4S on 5.1.

I Personally would not let a tethered jailbreak stop me from Jailbreaking my iPhone.

Ironically...tethered jailbreaks are far more stable then untethered jailbreaks.

Perhaps I see no problem with it because there was a time where a tethered jailbreak meant that you cannot reboot your phone at all while away from your computer.

At least now, in iOS 5, we can reboot into a non-jailbroken state. You can make calls, send/recieve SMS and MMS, Surf the web, etc.

Only Cydia and anything from Cydia will not work, along with Safari until you boot tethered with redsn0w. You can always patch Safari with the Semi-Tether package or us a different browser from the App Store.
I recommend:
Atomic Web Browser
Yandex Opera Mini
google search.

To me, those caveats are 100% worth having a jailbroken iPhone 4. Especially coming from the previous iOS genre where you could not reboot at all.....and would be stuck at the Apple logo until you boot tethered again with redsn0w.

However the choice is yours.

If you have an iPhone 4S, you cannot downgrade at all at this time, even if you have SHSH for 5.0.1. There is no jailbreak at all for a 4S(A5 chip) on 5.1. But as always....that doesn't last long.