What's new

a full back up to computer

tim56

Reaction score
Hi
I was told by Apple technical support if I do a full backup on my Computer it would save everything on my iPhone 6 Plus is this true? Like it will save all my emails all my text messages all the numbers that I have called and the peoples Numbers that have called me. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, a full backup will basically be a save state of what's on your phone when you do the backup.

The part not included in that backup is Media. (Stuff synced from your iTunes library)

Hi Junior thank you

Hi J.A. Thank you

Hi I did a full back up to my computer but still can not find my text messages or emails. can anyone please tell me where to look for them on my computer? Thank you for any help on this.

Backing up your iPhone to your computer means that an iTunes backup file is created containing the data that was on your iPhone at the time of the backup. Your text messages and emails are in the backup file but you can't access the contents of the backup file, which can only be used to restore the iPhone or set up a new iPhone.

What kind of email account do you have? IMAP accounts should have access to all emails on any device that can access your account. POP 3 accounts normally store emails only on one device, not on an email server.

Do you have more than one Apple device? With iOS 9 and later, it's possible to access your text messages on multiple devices through Handoff, if you've set it up in advance.

Hi Scifan57 I have aol email Account I have a iPhone 6 Plus and iPad 3 with IOS 9 on both of them. So the only way that I can save my text messages is doing a screenshot on each category or the text messages then sync it to my computer. And I will be able to see the text messages on my compute. Do you know of an easier way besides doing the screenshot to each category? Thank you

AOL emails reside on AOL servers. I have had it since 1998 and can view on any computer or smartphone.