What's new

A faceID question

superfish

Reaction score
I just moved from an iPhone 6s to Xs. On the 6s if an app (let's say CreditKarma)needed secure log in it would ask for fingerprint ID. On the Xs I'm asked for the phone's PIN. I've looked but cannot find a way have it ask Face ID. I have already turned on Face ID in every place I can find. Also APP Store asks for a double click on the side button instead of Face ID.

I do really, really like the phone. Just working out the kinks.

Not all of the apps are using Face ID as login method. Those who can be unlocked/where you can login via Face ID, can be found in Settings - Face ID & Passcode - Use Face ID for - Other Apps. Enabling the feature there, will allow authentication with Face ID. If you can’t find CreditKarma there, it’s not built to use it (yet).

Thanks, I'll just wait for the list to grow.

I just moved from an iPhone 6s to Xs. On the 6s if an app (let's say CreditKarma)needed secure log in it would ask for fingerprint ID. On the Xs I'm asked for the phone's PIN. I've looked but cannot find a way have it ask Face ID. I have already turned on Face ID in every place I can find. Also APP Store asks for a double click on the side button instead of Face ID.

I do really, really like the phone. Just working out the kinks.

Are you enabling Face ID from within the apps themselves? For example,

Credit Karma:

IMG_0145.jpg